The Vibe at Stoke (a) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Vibe at Stoke (a)

Will you boo or cheer Schuey on Saturday?

• Boo

Votes: 107 34.0%
  • Cheer/applaud

Votes: 26 8.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 182 57.8%

• Total voters

EuroJim

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 26, 2017
Gent, Belgium
www.jimsfrenchflanders.com
Does anyone else just think a small part of them dies when you hear Schumacher say the immortal words "get the Bet365 rocking".

I know he has to say it and its not actually a dig against him, but its so cringe when you need to refer to the stadium like that.
I am sure under Simon we would never take funding from such a dubious source.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Yes, I have that fear too of Argyle playing against their old mates.

But, likewise , will Ennis and Cundle go into this game with 'the same intensity or motivation ' as against any other team ?

Cundle for sure , as shown by his goal for Argyle this season against old club Swansea. But as regards Ennis , hopefully
he won't be as good on Saturday as he was in the final few games last season (where , as we all know, he really helped us get over the finishing line to become Champions).

So, I daresay that a draw might be a good outcome for both sides on Saturday !
However, only Russell Grant with his
magic ball will know the score beforehand !
If Ennis starts the crowd will be on his back from the first time his first touch lets him down. Cundle got them a point last week with heroics at both ends but he too is not universally liked there. I would be most surprised if Ennis starts. As for Schuey, I think he is best ignored as that may get to him and de-stabilise his half-time talk. Especially so if he has the temerity to come clapping our support at the beginning of the game. I know it will be hard for many, but returning his clapping with a wall of silence will definitely be so hard for him to bear after the hero-worship he once enjoyed from the very same people.

Jun 20, 2017
FERNDOWN
If Ennis starts the crowd will be on his back from the first time his first touch lets him down. Cundle got them a point last week with heroics at both ends but he too is not universally liked there. I would be most surprised if Ennis starts. As for Schuey, I think he is best ignored as that may get to him and de-stabilise his half-time talk. Especially so if he has the temerity to come clapping our support at the beginning of the game. I know it will be hard for many, but returning his clapping with a wall of silence will definitely be so hard for him to bear after the hero-worship he once enjoyed from the very same people.
If Schumacher claps the Argyle fans they should turn their backs on him like he did to us!

Jul 20, 2021
This has a repeat of Preston away written all over it. Lots of anti-ex manager sentiment pre match only to be one down in quick order.
Yep. My feeling too. Both Preston games in fact. I just want us to get the job done.

Mar 23, 2008
I always worry about the old player syndrome. Cundle by all accounts has been poor for them but having scored last week his confidence will be up and we know Ennis has always got a goal in him.
It won't happen but in terms of the game, the best thing to do would be to ignore SS and polite applause for Ennis so we don't (excuse the pun) stoke the fire!
Football being as it is though, all three get booed and therefore have even more reason to prove a point.

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
This has a repeat of Preston away written all over it. Lots of anti-ex manager sentiment pre match only to be one down in quick order.
agreed that is my biggest worry, well bar losing/getting hammered

It would really get their fans going and we want them on their backs for as long as we can.

Apr 15, 2024
I am sure under Simon we would never take funding from such a dubious source.

I think you're wrong. The club needs to get out of this "backward" looking view on current football matters at the club and being holier than thou
The club needs funding from whatever legal source maybe offering it
We've seen how we've struggled this season having to use loanees. That cant continue

EuroJim

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 26, 2017
Gent, Belgium
www.jimsfrenchflanders.com
I think you're wrong. The club needs to get out of this "backward" looking view on current football matters at the club and being holier than thou
The club needs funding from whatever legal source maybe offering it
We've seen how we've struggled this season having to use loanees. That cant continue
I would struggle to maintain supporting the club if they ever took funding from such sources. Nothing backwards about having principles, and sticking by them.