Thoughts on Ian Foster | Page 240 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thoughts on Ian Foster

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Yup. Said it a couple of weeks ago - IMO if they’re sticking with him they had to come out with a rallying call. If not, act then - the only sensible window left to do it.

I can only think of 3 reasons not to speak up. Either they wanted to hedge their bets (but the last point above counters that argument), they can’t afford to do it, or they can’t see a problem.

The silence is confounding.
i'm not surprised by the silence,messrs parkinson and hallett have declared " we are not a short term club".i disagree with this in the case of mister foster but i respect what they have said.

Reactions: Chip green
Dec 26, 2022
I still blame Dewsnip/Parkinson/Hallett more than I do Foster. The appointment didn’t make sense from the start. Midway through a Championship season - a season in which survival is the aim - and we opted to appoint a coach with limited to no club experience, a coach who didn’t have any staff ready to come with him and a coach whose forte clearly isn’t attacking football.
Spot on. Watching the pre-match preps today it all looked and felt amateurish and half-hearted, somewhat accepting our fate. You cannot expect go stay in the Champ without proper coaching, conditioning and support staff. The fact that new arrivals are here only until end of season shows how unprofessional we've become ......

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I feel SH will speak once the season is over
It feels like Keep Calm & Carry on regardless
7 games to hold on for dear life & hope we get points to inch our way to safety
We can't rely on other teams to safe us
Is the hierarchy getting twitchy behind the scenes but now realise it is to far gone in the season to relieve the Head Coach of his duties
If we do stay in the Championship the close season will be a total rebuilding exercise in the team behind team

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Spot on. Watching the pre-match preps today it all looked and felt amateurish and half-hearted, somewhat accepting our fate. You cannot expect go stay in the Champ without proper coaching, conditioning and support staff. The fact that new arrivals are here only until end of season shows how unprofessional we've become ......
Was the new temporary fitness coach doing the pre-match warm up etc

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Of the 100 or so individuals that applied for the job, I think it’s fair to assume that not a single one of them would of got fewer points or have been less endearing to the fan base than Foster.
Turning out to be a woeful appointment.

The 100 applicants thing seemed a bit weird to me and actually extremely low, I suspect Ian Foster (if he applied) would have been the highest quality coach on there considering it would have been mostly desperate unemployed managers and time wasters.

I just hope we didn’t limit the process to people who actually applied, I’m sure we didn’t.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I still blame Dewsnip/Parkinson/Hallett more than I do Foster. The appointment didn’t make sense from the start. Midway through a Championship season - a season in which survival is the aim - and we opted to appoint a coach with limited to no club experience, a coach who didn’t have any staff ready to come with him and a coach whose forte clearly isn’t attacking football.

Don’t forget there was another person on the panel, think it was a women but not sure

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Has he watched the Devine dive back when he said this?!
If so, it's utterly desperate. It was one of the worst dives I've seen. One where it was easier to step round the keeper.

Clutching at straws

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
I don’t really pin today on Foster. We had ample chances to kill the game off and Hardie yet again missed a chance he should have buried at 2-1 to make it 2-2.

However the feeling I have right now is the same one I had this time in 2019 and that we need a change just to give us some spark or more of a fighting chance. At the moment it just feels like the longer this goes on we’re just sleepwalking into the inevitable like in 2019.
I said to my mate in the car home after the game that it’s almost worth sacking him and getting someone else in JUST for the inevitable 3 game new manager bounce you get. Three games mini bounce would potentially be enough / sufficient.

We pay Foster off, just about stay up and the extra money we make next season pays for Foster’s compo 20 x fold.

I know that’s not how to look at it, but I just couldn’t help myself.