Today's Game of Interest | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Today's Game of Interest

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Nothing much is going for us at the moment.

Our luck has to change, this run of results (bar possibly Huddersfield and Birmingham drawing their games last week) is just unbelievable.

Reactions: pafcshaun

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
I’d much rather be playing Coventry than Hull. Hull look very well drilled, have some real quality on the break. I fear the worst if we absolutely need something from that game. We simply have to go to Millwall and get something
I think we'd need to play similar to the Leicester game and go for the point vs. Hull, assuming that'll be enough... I'm not feeling optimistic about Millwall

Reactions: Green 1886
Sep 6, 2006
Our luck has to change, this run of results (bar possibly Huddersfield and Birmingham drawing their games last week) is just unbelievable.
You think Hull winning is so bad? Wba need a result Saturday now and Norwich may also last game. If they don't then Hull are out of it. Probably means Blackburn get a result on Saturday though

Reactions: greengodwin

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Yet another poo result, how many more ?

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Hull have Ipswich on saturday. It's showing as a 8pm kickoff.

As BG said its means WBA need to win. Norwich too.

The question is can Huddersfield after their last two games keep their nerve to get a win against Birmingham.

Personally, Argyle should be saving themselves. All this looking for favours off others teams is basically us saying we not good enough to get ourselves out of this mess.

It's down to Argyle now.

Last edited:

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005

The question is can Huddersfield after their last two games keep their nerve to get a win against Birmingham.

Personally, Argyle should be saving themselves. All this looking for favours off others teams is basically us saying we not good enough to get ourselves out of this mess.

It's down to Argyle now.
A draw in the Huddersfield v Birmingham game game would probably be OK for us. Even if we don't get another result that would mean that Birmingham and Huddersfield would have to beat Norwich and Ipswich respectively on the last day. We could do with Norwich needing at least a point, ensuring they don't rest players for the Play-offs.

Nevertheless, we really need to get at least a point from our last 2 games.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
A draw in the Huddersfield v Birmingham game game would probably be OK for us. Even if we don't get another result that would mean that Birmingham and Huddersfield would have to beat Norwich and Ipswich respectively on the last day. We could do with Norwich needing at least a point, ensuring they don't rest players for the Play-offs.

Nevertheless, we really need to get at least a point from our last 2 games.

Huddersfield & Birmingham are 23rd & 22nd. What good would a point really be, especially to Huddersfield? If Huddersfield aren't winning but their drawing with 80 mins of the match played, expect Huddersfield to put all their chips in the pot on this game. Especially when Ipswich await them in the final game

Rowett just has to keep it tight, and counter attack Huddersfield knowing they need to win. It's perfect for Rowett's style of play.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
As I read it, if on Saturday West Brom beat the Wendies and Norwich beat Swansea then the playoffs are out of Hull's reach even if they beat Ipswich (unless we are talking cricket scores).

Reactions: Mark Smith

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
As I read it, if on Saturday West Brom beat the Wendies and Norwich beat Swansea then the playoffs are out of Hull's reach even if they beat Ipswich (unless we are talking cricket scores).

You think Hull winning is so bad? Wba need a result Saturday now and Norwich may also last game. If they don't then Hull are out of it. Probably means Blackburn get a result on Saturday though
All of that would have been the case if Coventry had won, with the added bonus of already ending Hull’s playoff chances. So Hull winning was not a good result for us.

A win for WBA and Norwich will have the same effect. But if either of them fail to take maximum points and Hull beat Ipswich then they could still have a sniff coming into the final game, and they would be on a very impressive run.

I really hope Coventry don’t now implode. They have little to play for against BBR and QPR.

We should never have got ourselves into a position where we are doing this kind of calculus.

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Dec 27, 2016
We could go into the last match with Hull needing to beat us and Norwich needing to beat Birmingham for the last playoff place… And us needing to beat Hull and Birmingham needing to beat Norwich to avoid the last relegation place.
I’m afraid I now think this is the most likely scenario based on nothing but gut feeling. I can just see Hull beating us on the last day ensuring their own play-off place whilst relegating us - it’s got fate written all over it.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We can only look after ourselves - the teams below us will all be scrapping to avoid the trap door
Last Saturday's disappointment needs to be turned into a motivational push to get the points to avoid the trap door

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Hull game will be torture especially when you factor in the poor phone signal at Home Park and needing to know how other teams are doing.
However there's also someone who manages to get a single bar of signal and the messages get passed around real quick.

In these situations there's always an incorrect score mumbled through the stands.

Jul 12, 2016

It's down to Argyle now.
The reality is a lot of us already fear we are not good enough. Deja vu .