Todays Press conference | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Todays Press conference

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Mark Pedlar":oqf90c1h said:
Devongreenowl":oqf90c1h said:
Kentishgreen":oqf90c1h said:

Once or twice a year then. Not a proper Winter! :cool:

Thats summer oop nawth

Remember me and KentishG are pre Last Ice Age babies!! When Dewdneydactyls flew over HP.
I used to go to bed in socks and a balaclava!! Times was 'ard in Ice Station Budo!! :sad:

Anyway, back on topic .... errrrmmm .... what is the topic?? :think:

Aug 5, 2015
Yes we didnā€™t have double glazing, central heating or wall to wall carpets in every room! Damn thatā€™s another thread hijacked. Wait for the thought police.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ha - luxury! I lived in St B for a couple of years. Like being intā€™ South of France compared to Owlerton on a cowd winters day. Winter lasts from September to April up theer. Us mam used to send us to bed wi no tea..........then gerruz up before bedtime, before we put a shift in daanā€™t pit! Tell that tā€™ Green Army - they just wont believe yer. :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I must admit I watched Wednesday utterly spank us at Hillsborough when we won 1-0 (McClean).

I was chatting to Ray the Aviator and his wife Karen all match. When we went to get up neither Ray or I could stand as our calf muscles had frozen!!!

I canā€™t remember what month it was but I do remember it was the night Exeter got beat about about 7-1 at home which certainly raised a cheer in the Leppings Lane End.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
IJN":2j6k96y4 said:
I must admit I watched Wednesday utterly spank us at Hillsborough when we won 1-0 (McClean).

I was chatting to Ray the Aviator and his wife Karen all match. When we went to get up neither Ray or I could stand as our calf muscles had frozen!!!

I canā€™t remember what month it was but I do remember it was the night Exeter got beat about about 7-1 at home which certainly raised a cheer in the Leppings Lane End.

August wasn't it Ian?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":2mlxg3xr said:

All joking aside - I used to stand on the south wing of the Kop before I 'graduated' to the Werthers stand and the layering required was ridiculous. As well as that, I used to put a copy of the Daily Telegraph down the front of my jacket on a winters neet. My father (Yorkshire Miner, then Crofty tin miner) would have thrashed me if heā€™d known! It was even worse when it became all seater. Meanwhile Tango rocked up every game with no top on. Unbelievable! Or idiotic!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":3ipv8ql6 said:

That night was 28th October 2008 Ian. Exeter lost 6-1 just down the road at Chesterfield, so some lads on coaches might have had the pleasure of bumping into the odd Greek or two at Tamworth services on the way home. There wouldnā€™t have been many of em!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Devongreenowl":2og328co said:
IJN":2og328co said:

That night was 28th October 2008 Ian. Exeter lost 6-1 just down the road at Chesterfield, so some lads on coaches might have had the pleasure of bumping into the odd Greek or two at Tamworth services on the way home. There wouldnā€™t have been many of em!

Apologies - you were right. Just checked, they were at home! :doh:

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 30, 2015
IJN":181qfcdo said:

I was working temporarily in Sheffield at the time and attended the match with a colleague. Neither of us had packed clothes in preparation for how cold it was that night in October. We both had several cups of Bovril in a desperate attempt to avoid hypothermia.

I remember McClean having the good grace to not celebrate his goal in front of the Wednesday fans, he almost looked a bit embarrassed!

Dreamgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
IJN":2kxho5c9 said:

Some people will do anything for a veggie pasty :greensmile:

And IĀ“m one of them.