Tonight's Games | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tonight's Games

May 18, 2016
Good results for us last night.

When you look at the form table, there is a clear gap betweeen the two Devon teams and everyone else. Swindon without Doyle are faltering - and so are Bradford with Doyle. Win that game in hand and we are clear in third and looking up not down.

I think us and City are going to be fighting it out for top spot, and both will be promoted.

Someone else will come out of the pack to join us - and maybe Northampton are best placed to be that team - but I reckon we will still have Devon derbies next year - in League 1.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I think City will start to struggle as we get into the last third of the season, when their squad will not quite have enough for automatic promotion. Play offs for them and auto for us. :scarf:

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Of greater immediate relevance than the L2 games last night was the tinpot trophy match between Exeter and Stevenage, with Exeter winning 3 - 0. I believe Stevenage fielded a full strength team.

It seems the win over Cambridge did not lead to a good result at Exeter, and is good news for us.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Stuart House":3hpyda35 said:
Possibly a bit to early to be fixating on other teams results.

Not sure anyone is fixating it's just a case of interest of those around us. Surely, what this forum is all about. :thumbup:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Devongreenowl":zozueq1m said:
I think City will start to struggle as we get into the last third of the season, when their squad will not quite have enough for automatic promotion. Play offs for them and auto for us. :scarf:

They do it every season, start strong then tail off, however that being said they've normally dropped into the play-offs by now.

I'm starting to think they'll sort it out this season and keep in the autos.

What is important is we've got a potential 7 point gap (if we win both GiH) to 5th, if we keep with Exeter we'll definitely join them.

If I were Swindon I'd be worried.

Jul 12, 2016
Games in hand mean nothing unless you win them.Lets just focus on the next game .There is a still a long way to go but we are certainly looking promising at the moment.

Jan 27, 2012
To be honest, Exeter are the best team Argyle have played this season. No signs of them slipping up either.

I don't mind Exeter getting promoted as long as a) Argyle finish above them, and b) We beat them at Home Park.

May 7, 2019
I do love a good Devon Derby and it's good for the clubs as the higher attendances generate revenue. So both clubs being in League One would be great in that respect.

However, I'd be just as happy to see Exeter finish 4th and then get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round by Northampton! :whistle: :lol:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
gaspargomez":15zkqv79 said:
To be honest, Exeter are the best team Argyle have played this season. No signs of them slipping up either.

I think Swindon are the best team team we’ve played. Swindon played us pretty much at our best & won, Exeter played us when we were having an off day.

On our day I think we’re a better outfit than Exeter & I’m looking forward to the game at HP.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree with Cobi. We were awful that day against Exeter, Swindon are easily the best I've seen this season.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
gaspargomez":2nezy1qb said:
And Exeter would say that we are the worse team they have played this season, but that doesn’t really mean much either. They just had a good 45 minutes against a team who didn’t turn up on the day. Don’t forget, they had lost their previous game 4-0 and we had won ours by the same score.

Up until almost HT, it was 2 poor teams. Then they get a soft penalty, the game turned and we all know how it ended up. As for them not showing any sign of slipping up, let’s wait and see. There’s still plenty of time for them to move clear at the top of the table or to drop down into the Play-offs positions.

As for Swindon, they are clearly a weaker side without Doyle and now they have lost Yates as well. Let’s see where they are at the end of next month when it will start to become really serious at the top of the table.

It’s endlessly fascinating looking at the other teams fixtures and trying to predict how its going to pan out. But in the final analysis, it’s in our own hands now and we have a realistic chance of a top 3 place if we just carry on doing what we have been doing for the last 3 months.