Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
We need a big crowd on Saturday to show any potential investor the potential of the club. I do not trust Osborne one bit and I am dubious as to whether this is not all a part of his property development plans.

As Argyle are away to Middlesbrough, I assume a lot of you aren't making that journey, so, if you can, we need you at Plainmoor this Saturday.

In my opinion I can see why you’re asking us to make the journey up but you should start with begging your stay away fans to turn up first and to carry on turning up then start asking other fans

• Wow
Reactions: Jon with no H

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
I can't see anywhere that Clark Osbourne has been trying to sell Torquay or seek investment from others. It looks like he's put the club into administration out of the blue. Maybe the council have woken up and blocked any possibility the ground could be sold. Or maybe there's collusion and a cunning plan... From the little I've read about him, he seems thoroughly untrustworthy and someone you wouldn't want within a million miles of your club.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
All it needs is a weak council, who thinks the club will die, then they see a chance of selling the land to boost the coffers.

I know it has covenants on it, but where's there's a will etc etc.

It's so obvious what he's up to. Reading Speedway, Swindon Speedway, the bloke's a machine.

His interest in Argyle was ONLY about the ground not the club.

Reactions: David Doidge

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022
In my opinion I can see why you’re asking us to make the journey up but you should start with begging your stay away fans to turn up first and to carry on turning up then start asking other fans
I was one of the stay away fans. I was not going again until osborne was gone. I am now going on Saturday as are many others. There is no need to beg, but even with those returning our gate won't get above 2,500 even if we are lucky. However, if a large number of you greens came along it would be significant.

I am asking for support here. Of course you are all entitled to your opinion, but I said above, in another reply, we need help now to survive. Opinions on what was done or not done soon enough or whether you think our fans are apathetic etc, really aren't helpful today.

You as a club have been in a bad situation not that long ago and now you are thriving. We are now calling on our Devon neighbours to help, in the form of attending a game when Argyle are playing 300 or so miles away.

Please stop with the digs at our fanbase, it's been divided enough as it is.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I was one of the stay away fans. I was not going again until osborne was gone. I am now going on Saturday as are many others. There is no need to beg, but even with those returning our gate won't get above 2,500 even if we are lucky. However, if a large number of you greens came along it would be significant.

I am asking for support here. Of course you are all entitled to your opinion, but I said above, in another reply, we need help now to survive. Opinions on what was done or not done soon enough or whether you think our fans are apathetic etc, really aren't helpful today.

You as a club have been in a bad situation not that long ago and now you are thriving. We are now calling on our Devon neighbours to help, in the form of attending a game when Argyle are playing 300 or so miles away.

Please stop with the digs at our fanbase, it's been divided enough as it is.

I wasn’t having a dig and if it came across that way it wasn’t meant to. I do feel sorry for Torquay and always enjoy the pre season trips to your place

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
TBF 99% of football fans didn't care a damn. Brighton fans should never be forgotten though, they really went for it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Johnson has gone now.

“After discussions today with the Football Club, we have mutually agreed that I should leave Torquay United with immediate effect.

“I have enjoyed most of my five and a half year tenure, but given the current situation, both parties agreed to part ways. I thank the players, the football staff, the office staff, as well as the Chairman & Directors for their support over this time.

“I wish the Club all the best for the future.”

Reactions: dunlop
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
Osborne wants the land. Period.

I feel for Torquay as I know how it feels to hear your club is in Administration. The Green Army went nuclear - busting in to meetings, doorstepping people and groups were formed to unite the fan base and to robustly question the Administration officer.

You need to use our methods as a blueprint and get involved.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
TBF 99% of football fans didn't care a damn. Brighton fans should never be forgotten though, they really went for it.
It would be nice if in the future Torquay fans hold us in the same regard as we hold Brighton fans.

I do wonder and it’s probably my misperception but are the people of Torquay just indifferent about their club in general. I always see Torquay as being that bit more middle class than Plymouth. And working class towns are that bit more likely to protest etc.

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022
It would be nice if in the future Torquay fans hold us in the same regard as we hold Brighton fans.

I do wonder and it’s probably my misperception but are the people of Torquay just indifferent about their club in general. I always see Torquay as being that bit more middle class than Plymouth. And working class towns are that bit more likely to protest etc.
"It would be nice if in the future Torquay fans hold us in the same regard as we hold Brighton fans. "

A lot of us do hold a lot of value in having you as our neighbours already and no doubt will forever hold you in that regard as you do do Brighton.
We are not indifferent, but the issue we have is over the years the influx of folk from the north west who are only interested in watching liverpool on Sky.
As for more middle class, is there a middle class left anymore? and have a walk around Ellacombe, Plainmoor and Hele and ask the locals if they see themselves as middle class.

Reactions: Age of reason

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012

It's full of Scousers mate.