Trouble at Old Trafford | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trouble at Old Trafford

Man U fans have more reason to worry than they probably realise. They were acquired as a cash cow for the Glazers, and consequently were immediately saddled with huge debts. If for any reason the Glazer empire fails, the club would go down the pan, despite being one of the richest sports clubs in the world. No amount of fan unhappiness will cause the Glazers to sell the club, it’s too financially important to them. Just thank your lucky stars we have prudent fan owners like the Hallets.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Protest all you want... and rightly so. There is no need for any violence.. that's what I saw so called fans causing violence while others filmed the police waiting for a reaction they could shove on social media.

Football was ruined in 92 when the Premier league was formed. Leeds pipped manure to the League title and Argyle lost 3 1 to Dalglishs Bank rolled Blackburn. Got relegated but The Gambler said it was ok to in his programme notes

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Slightly off topic maybe, but nonetheless...

I don't have any feelings towards Man U, for or against, but I have just read that they are reportedly offering Pogba £400,000 a week to sign a new contract.

That's FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND English pounds per week!! I'm not sure I could feel any association with the players if my team were offering those wages. Ludicrous!!

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Lousy_Pint":y0lqm055 said:

I don't have any feelings towards Man U, for or against, but I have just read that they are reportedly offering Pogba £400,000 a week to sign a new contract.

That's FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND English pounds per week!! I'm not sure I could feel any association with the players if my team were offering those wages. Ludicrous!!

Exactly!!

Very easy for the fans and press to be outraged by the proposed ESL, but these wages are totally absurd and in many was just as problematic as the ESL.

Aug 5, 2016
Lousy_Pint":1180a4fm said:

On the plus side that is £200,000 a week he is paying back in tax.

How many employees would a business need to employ to be contributing that much income tax to the system?

He is paying more tax than Amazon, Google, and some major employers.

I say give them all obscene pay rises. It is worth more to the country than in Glazer’s pocket.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Knibbsworth":2z50nw0r said:
Lousy_Pint":2z50nw0r said:

On the plus side that is £200,000 a week he is paying back in tax.

How many employees would a business need to employ to be contributing that much income tax to the system?

He is paying more tax than Amazon, Google, and some major employers.

I say give them all obscene pay rises. It is worth more to the country than in Glazer’s pocket.

He won't won't paying that in tax though.

A certain % will go to his image rights company that pays 18%.

There are lots of ways to structure your income to ensure you pay as little tax as possible no matter how much you earn.

And that's me speaking as an accountant...

But in the whole you are correct. Football must be up there as one of the highest contributors to the national purse.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Lousy_Pint":3p5fp5o4 said:

Which is entirely my point. Spare me the righteous indignation it’s obscene anyway! Hopefully one day it will all go bang and we can back to some sort of sanity, if it takes a club like United or Liverpool to go bang so be it if it brings the whole rotten house of cards down.