U18's who could make the step up. (merged x 3) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

U18's who could make the step up. (merged x 3)

Oct 10, 2018
If I was Freddie I or Caleb R, and Jack Mathew's I would be crying out for a loan somewhere in L2 to build my experience

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
That's not the case here though, WJD, Jack E, Freddie I, Caleb R none of these players are 1st year pro's, all in at least 2nd year some more.

Truth be told, I think other clubs don't put any stock in Argyles ability to create talent, still think many see devin as a rugby county,
Freddie is only 17, Caleb 18. That's very young to be sent out on loan. They both have every chance of forging careers in the professional game. Whether that be at Championship level time will tell.
I think at 19 years old now, next season will be make or break for WJD and he needs to show something at least a league higher than Torquay to fulfill his early promise.

Timeout

Jade Berrow 23/24
Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
In that interview wasn't it age they gave as the reason for not loaning out players. Not under 18 if I remember correctly. So turn 18 then next season go out on loan.

I think it might be too do with the distance from home, extra year maturing, etc, etc.

Could be remembering wrong of course.

Reactions: bodspafc
Oct 19, 2021
Personally I’d be amazed if Issaka didn’t make it to at least Championship level. He’s going to be quality. He’ll be 18 next season so I think a loan to a suitable Conference South team would do him a lot of good.

Jun 19, 2006
weston super mare
From what I have seen this season, both Freddie and Caleb would be capable of playing league1/2. Of course if we get relegated that might obviate the need to loan them out! Don’t know how WJD has done at Torquay but he will need at least L2 football to continue his progression.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Joe Hatch always seems to influence a game whether it's creating or scoring goals,
Freddie I and Caleb R really should have been loaned out for experience to gain 1st team football this season, didn't see much point to them being dragged along on coach journey far and wide, never to come off the bench.

Freddie I could have helped team like stevenage who were competitive in L1 but had limited front line options, Caleb R could have gone to Yeovil town, or Forest green to continue development with regular football

This link explains why Freddie, Caleb and Jack didn’t go out on loan

Reactions: bodspafc

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Why do Argyle prospects like will Jenkin Davis, Jack endacott, Freddie I, Or Caleb R only ever get loans to Non league regional clubs, too far down the prymid structure to provide any meaningful experience.

A huge concern and area for re- dress for DOF, and a huge barrier to success for any incoming new manager.
To be fair, it did wonders for Adam Randell though

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Oct 10, 2018
There was an interview last pre season with I think Schuey but maybe Nance where he was asked about loaning out some of the young players. He stated that it was club policy not to loan out first year pro’s, it’s something they plan to do in their second year. I can’t remember the reasons given but I imagine they prioritise the players learning to be pros at the club, being around the first team environment in training and feeling they are part of the club.
So you may have just made my.point.for.me, that this policy is not benefitting the squad or player progression

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Freddie and Caleb will go out on loan next season and are definitely good enough to progress into Argyle first team if they apply themselves and stay clear of injuries.