Up to date 'news' | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Up to date 'news'

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If the tax bill on the 22nd isn't paid it will still take a while for HMRC to issue another winding-up petition and then more time before a court date is set.
We should be safe from HMRC for a few months but the worry is that other creditors could start to demand their money and start their own winding-up petitions.

Apr 1, 2009
I'm not remotely surprised that HMRC continue to look into us (and I'm not talking about the next scheduled payment). Multiple companies, loans, mortgages, non-payments, overseas 'investors', huge unexplained expenditure, directors blaming everything on fellow directors, dubious-looking deal with a charity etc., HMRC have seen it all before from desperate insolvent companies. If we survive it may be with additional penalties for financial irregularities.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
BBCJohn":kk27sy3z said:
You could resign as a director but remain a shareholder, like SurRoy.

You'd still be liable for what happened whilst you were a shareholder

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
BBCJohn":kde2fy37 said:
The Doctor":kde2fy37 said:
How would Wrathall and Dennerley leaving before Adminstration work?

It wouldn't make sense if they are leaving because they have sold out to someone, because who would buy in knowing Admin was on the way? They can't just walk away from things without transferring their shares (and responsibility) to someone can they? If they can, then who would want them at this stage?

I don't get this at all.

You could resign as a director but remain a shareholder, like SurRoy.

Yes, I guess you could, and that would in some sense absolve you from any ongoing responsibility to sort out the mess but leave the future of your shareholding/investment in the hands of others.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Waht is the minimum number of Directors that the club must have and what are the consequences of having less than this number? I recall we had too few Directors for a while previously (in fact, wasn't that partly why Dennerley was roped in?)

Sep 22, 2003
Do we still owe the pitch company 500k? If we go into administration, you wouldn't blame them for coming in, ripping it up and taking whatever they can back again.

If we can't afford a tax bill, can we afford to pay the players what they're owed? I have to admire their loyalty as surely they're entitled to tear up their contracts and become free agents, then seek paid employment at another club?

M

A

Anonymous

Just as sadly, the old Trust's money, looks a bit sad now doesn't it?

:(

D

deanthegreenmachine

IJN":38gwr45v said:
Just as sadly, the old Trust's money, looks a bit sad now doesn't it?

:(

yes ian it does, makes you wonder how they came to the decision to put that money in, I can only think it was to bide some time for investments to appear....seems they have been poorly advised...by someone..??, after all they must like most of us know the extent of our financial problems..

F

fieldmouse

Martin_Brock":7gxk7f28 said:
If we can't afford a tax bill, can we afford to pay the players what they're owed? I have to admire their loyalty as surely they're entitled to tear up their contracts and become free agents, then seek paid employment at another club?

M

...........and you think this bunch of no-hopers on cotract for far too much money are of interest to other clubs ?

Apr 13, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":14ey4031 said:
This is not rumour, but from a very good source.

HMRC are still looking at PAFC, they are looking intoi everything to do with our club and are 'lifting up floorboards and looking into very dark corners'.

The new tax bill on February 22nd is 'considerably in excess of £300k, possibly nearer the £500k mark'. 'The club have no way of paying that' I was told.

There is rumour that Wraithall and Donnerly will be leaving tomorrow, but that is unsubtstantiated and cannot be lumped in with the above.

If it is true, I reckon admin, and then a Ridsdale/Stapleton alliance. :(

Is Stapleton allowed to be involved in the club if we go into admin?

B

blenks

p1lgr1m":ll0i7zsh said:
IJN":ll0i7zsh said:

HMRC are still looking at PAFC, they are looking intoi everything to do with our club and are 'lifting up floorboards and looking into very dark corners'.

The new tax bill on February 22nd is 'considerably in excess of £300k, possibly nearer the £500k mark'. 'The club have no way of paying that' I was told.

There is rumour that Wraithall and Donnerly will be leaving tomorrow, but that is unsubtstantiated and cannot be lumped in with the above.

Is Stapleton allowed to be involved in the club if we go into admin?

Yes

Jul 13, 2009
Toby Lerone":2vwvib3c said:
sharkbait":2vwvib3c said:
IJN":2vwvib3c said:

If that wrecking ball Staplecock is still here after the crap we have been through, then something is wrong in this world.

If Lord and Lady Derriford (as someone referred to them the other day) keep on gleaning kudos for holding court at PAFC, then they'll want to continue I suppose.

I think the trick now, is to ensure that they don't ever enjoy the PAFC experience again.

That gets the 'thumbs up' from me.