Video Tactical Analysis: Portsmouth Match #6 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Video Tactical Analysis: Portsmouth Match #6

Feb 17, 2017
Hi guys, this is a hobby of passion more than a full time job for me and work commitments have to take priority somtimes, once my schedule is lighter they will be back, I will do my best to keep them as regular as possible but every game will not always be possible

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Your analysis of our defending, particularly down Blackpool’s left flank, in the first half could have been very revealing.
I assume that the club’s official analyst, Matt Neil, produces something similar.

Having posted this, I have looked at the extended highlights on iFollow. There has been a lot of criticism of Joe Riley but he got very little assistance from Stuart O'Keefe. As Riley was in a slightly advanced position, he should, surely, have been covered by O'Keefe who was in a less advanced position on the same side of the pitch.

On another occasion, Riley was again trying to push forward but when the move broke down he was again further advanced than O'Keefe but, in trying to get back, he easily outpaced O'Keefe who, again, made no effort to help his colleague.

I am not suggesting that Riley had a great game and this was only 11 minutes of 'highlights' but, in my opinion, O'Keefe needs to quickly learn DA's team ethic.

P

PompeyNSL

davie nine":rpfe1y4y said:
Your analysis of our defending, particularly down Blackpool’s left flank, in the first half could have been very revealing.
I assume that the club’s official analyst, Matt Neil, produces something similar.

Having posted this, I have looked at the extended highlights on iFollow. There has been a lot of criticism of Joe Riley but he got very little assistance from Stuart O'Keefe. As Riley was in a slightly advanced position, he should, surely, have been covered by O'Keefe who was in a less advanced position on the same side of the pitch.

On another occasion, Riley was again trying to push forward but when the move broke down he was again further advanced than O'Keefe but, in trying to get back, he easily outpaced O'Keefe who, again, made no effort to help his colleague.

I am not suggesting that Riley had a great game and this was only 11 minutes of 'highlights' but, in my opinion, O'Keefe needs to quickly learn DA's team ethic.
You will get sick of O'Keefe. I know you've taken a few of our rejects in recent years and made them into better players - the likes of Bradley, Taylor and to a lesser extent Jervis. But he truly is hopeless. Not for the lack of effort but one of the least intelligent players for me.

He was a massive disappointment, along with Matty Kennedy and Connor Ronan, now at Walsall. Just runs around like a headless chicken and has zero positional sense. Made me laugh that a few of our fans defended him ahead of the local lad Ben Close, who is a player who actually knows how to pass a ball.

Sep 8, 2018
Neilz5419":1cvugg2j said:
Hi guys, this is a hobby of passion more than a full time job for me and work commitments have to take priority somtimes, once my schedule is lighter they will be back, I will do my best to keep them as regular as possible but every game will not always be possible

The fact that people are missing your analysis videos shows that they are enjoyed and a appreciated. Personally I think it's some of the best Argyle content on the web. Look forward to seeing more of them when you have time in your schedule. If only real life didn't keep getting in the way, eh!

Sep 6, 2006
HeShootsHeScores":2nieq4wn said:
Neilz5419":2nieq4wn said:

The fact that people are missing your analysis videos shows that they are enjoyed and a appreciated. Personally I think it's some of the best Argyle content on the web. Look forward to seeing more of them when you have time in your schedule. If only real life didn't keep getting in the way, eh!

Agreed. Are you available when Adams gets the sack?

Sep 8, 2018
:funny:
Balham_Green":11piq196 said:
HeShootsHeScores":11piq196 said:
Neilz5419":11piq196 said:

Agreed. Are you available when Adams gets the sack?

Feb 17, 2017
HeShootsHeScores":2jdl946e said:
Neilz5419":2jdl946e said:

Very kind words and much appreciated, Im hoping all being well the Charlton game will be next I think this will be an interesting game. I would love to assist DA Balham but im sure he has many people telling him similar, well you would hope so anyway

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Neilz5419":7o8gntlz said:
HeShootsHeScores":7o8gntlz said:
Neilz5419":7o8gntlz said:

Very kind words and much appreciated, Im hoping all being well the Charlton game will be next I think this will be an interesting game. I would love to assist DA Balham but im sure he has many people telling him similar, well you would hope so anyway

I'd like to think so too. I'm a bit worried that he might think that Analysis was the lead vocalist with the Scissor Sisters! :whistle:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
O'Keefe has given Riley absolutely no help or protection in the games that I've seen, whilst he's not been fantastic, it's unfair that Riley is getting the majority of the blame.