Virtual Fans' Forum live! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Virtual Fans' Forum live!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":162am75o said:
Keepitgreen":162am75o said:
Lundan Cabbie":162am75o said:
Over this past year I have watched so much football online and on TV and have discovered online “watch-alongs” to have on at the same time that add to the occasion as if you aren’t watching alone. I never watch an Arsenal game anymore without AFTV’s live watch-along on the side.

Sparksy mentioned that such a broadcast happens for Argyle games but didn’t say how or where you can tune in. Does anyone know where to find it?
I haven't seen it advertised since the end of last year, but you joined by registering your interest at zoom@argylefanstrust.com. I would assume it's still the same.

That was to be a participant. I am referring to watching/listening to the cast.
Stalking? :shock:

I thought it was excellent.

I recognised David Ray's name and was impressed with the written financial stuff stuff that we've seen recently that he was obviously behind. Good to see him in the virtual flesh and he spoke well too. As an accountant, it's good to see one of our own shown in good light. :)

Didn't recognise Simon Hallett initially, when did that happen?! ;)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I thought that the latter part of Neil Dewsnip's response to the question about a defensive coach was a little odd. He said that the issue with the defence was the youth/inexperience of the defenders. Now that's fine (in a way), the implication was that it is worth accepting the mistakes because the players concerned are gaining valuable experience and are becoming better players. But surely that argument only really works if the players are Argyle players and not loanees from other clubs. If (some of) the young players return to their parent clubs at the end of the season having become better players then we're kind of back to square one again next season. It would only really make sense to me if there are already agreements in place for them to stay at Argyle (even if only on loan) for another season. Perhaps they will.

Apr 1, 2009
Dewsnip was also cagey in his response to the question as to whether we needed the addition of a Defence coach. He said we didn't, explaining that each section of the team (Goalkeeper, Defence, MF, and Attack) were already allocated a member of the coaching staff. He declined to say who was responsible for Defence, presumably to protect that individual, but it was a rare example of not being as open as possible with fans.

Neil Dewsnip looked slightly less comfortable with the format - the others were very slick in their presentation. A very good forum.

Aug 10, 2006
The Doctor":mzqt3hd3 said:
I thought that the latter part of Neil Dewsnip's response to the question about a defensive coach was a little odd. He said that the issue with the defence was the youth/inexperience of the defenders. Now that's fine (in a way), the implication was that it is worth accepting the mistakes because the players concerned are gaining valuable experience and are becoming better players. But surely that argument only really works if the players are Argyle players and not loanees from other clubs. If (some of) the young players return to their parent clubs at the end of the season having become better players then we're kind of back to square one again next season. It would only really make sense to me if there are already agreements in place for them to stay at Argyle (even if only on loan) for another season. Perhaps they will.
it doesn't look like they are becoming better player's though does it I know it's all down to money but I would like to see us sign 3 more experienced defenders in the summer.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
xmastree":11maa2m9 said:
Dewsnip was also cagey in his response to the question as to whether we needed the addition of a Defence coach. He said we didn't, explaining that each section of the team (Goalkeeper, Defence, MF, and Attack) were already allocated a member of the coaching staff. He declined to say who was responsible for Defence, presumably to protect that individual, but it was a rare example of not being as open as possible with fans.

Neil Dewsnip looked slightly less comfortable with the format - the others were very slick in their presentation. A very good forum.
We really can’t expect Neil Dewsnip to discuss team matters with us. I thought that he took it as far as he could regarding our lack of experience in defence. Reading between the lines, I got the impression that the management team will, at least, discuss the benefits of adding more experience to the defensive set up next season.
I think that the promise of openness and transparency is more to do with the non-playing side of the club and this is probably why the team manager is not present.

Oct 31, 2015
Just finished watching the whole hour. Superb 60 minutes and some good info passed across

I agree Neil Dewsnip isn't going to tell us what's going on in the team particularly around the defence, why would he and why should we expect it.

Very pleased with what I heard :thumbup:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The most interesting thing from Dewsnip was his confidence that we'd surpass Exeter in youth setup, and the 'watch this space' in terms of a couple of big developments that will help us do so.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Simon Hallett answers a few more questions ... PAFC.

IFollow subscriptions are in the 1,500 to 2,000 range plus season ticket holders.

The question about cryptocurrency was bizarre.