Warning- Don't buy tickets in advance, no refunds given | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Warning- Don't buy tickets in advance, no refunds given

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PMPilgrim":2nh682gb said:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/05/tottenham-hotspur-ticket-refunds-oft

Looks like the club is in the wrong this time.
That article was 11 years ago, times change so might be outdated.

Jul 13, 2006
Keepitgreen":1fno4koi said:
PMPilgrim":1fno4koi said:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/05/tottenham-hotspur-ticket-refunds-oft

Looks like the club is in the wrong this time.
That article was 11 years ago, times change so might be outdated.

The scenario hasn't changed though. I had friends come down from Buckinghamshire just for this match. They're not even Argyle fans, but potentially they could have been. They're not going to come down for another game, so they're out of pocket of £55.00.

Jan 6, 2007
I have no idea whether Argyle can lawfully get away without giving a refund, but from a PR point of view it's a pretty average policy not to refund in full. It doesn't affect me as I'm a season ticket holder but I'd be pretty miffed if the club withheld my money especially as the postponement was the clubs fault, albeit weather related.
As an example of how it should be done, I pre booked tickets for all 4 days of Somerset v Essex in the County Championship in September. One of the days there was no play for rain, I never had to contact Somerset, they emailed me to confirm they had refunded my card for the ticket cost that day. That's customer service Argyle

Feb 23, 2008
GreenThing":1wnumew2 said:
chunkymonkey78":1wnumew2 said:
I had a similar situation earlier on in the season, got a credit note for a cup game as one of my kids was taken ill overnight.

Was told I could only use it against a league game! When I pointed out I was a season ticket holder so useless to me, was told league games only, cannot be used in club shop or anywhere.

Two emails to the club asking if I could use the note for the next cup game were also completely ignored too, decided to just let it lie but wasn't happy with the policy or the service given at the time.

This is a different situation. If you buy a ticket then cannot attend, the club doesn’t have to offer you anything. That the club offered you a credit to be used at another cup game is beyond what they are obliged to do.

I see what you're saying as regard to maybe I was lucky to get anything, but the point still stands that to some people, credit notes are useless.

Especially season ticket holders that have paid hundreds of pounds up front already.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
I have just checked Argyle's customer charter with regards to ticket refunds & it refers to EFL regulations. The EFL regulations totally mirrors Argyle's regarding refunds so it must be generic league policy.
My ferry to Ireland was cancelled due to bad weather this summer. Irish Ferries' T & C's only offer a voucher only offer & no refund so this practice is quite common.
But it doesn't make it right though.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
chunkymonkey78":1z8rbov6 said:
I had a similar situation earlier on in the season, got a credit note for a cup game as one of my kids was taken ill overnight.

Was told I could only use it against a league game! When I pointed out I was a season ticket holder so useless to me, was told league games only, cannot be used in club shop or anywhere.

Two emails to the club asking if I could use the note for the next cup game were also completely ignored too, decided to just let it lie but wasn't happy with the policy or the service given at the time.

So presumably on that logic anyone who requires a credit note for a Grimsby ticket will only be able to use it against a cup game & there aren't going to be too many of those before the end of the season.

Argyle certainly have a knack for pi$$ing off their core support.

Have you contacted the Chairman? I'll bet he doesn't know this sort of thing is going on.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I’m surprised no one has blamed James Brent.

It’s a while since something was his fault so he must be due.

:stir:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argyle use Ticketmaster for online ticket sales and their policy if someone can't get to a rescheduled concert or show is ....
If you know you definitely won't be able to make any other dates, then we're happy to issue a refund.

Having not had a home game postponed for around 10 years this is a relatively new situation for the Argyle staff and all efforts on Saturday would have been about the logistics of postponing the game.
I'm sure on Monday when everything has settled down the club staff will look at this unique situation that affects only a few fans who can't get to the rescheduled game and come to a sensible decision.

Dec 9, 2012
I must admit that I was pretty miffed ast the response I had at the ticket office yesterday.

I sent an email to SH this morning and received a very prompt personal response from him saying that he will look into it and get back to me.

I am massively impressed that he has responded so quickly. I can't imagine a swift response fromm The Glazers -- or indeed any other chair - in similar circumstances!

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Aldershot Exile":1xwygnw1 said:
I must admit that I was pretty miffed ast the response I had at the ticket office yesterday.

I sent an email to SH this morning and received a very prompt personal response from him saying that he will look into it and get back to me.

I am massively impressed that he has responded so quickly. I can't imagine a swift response fromm The Glazers -- or indeed any other chair - in similar circumstances!

Let us know how you get on, on top of that whilst my mate was sown he wanted to pick tickets up for the Bolton Cup Game ! They don't go in general sale until Monday, talk about making it as difficult as possible for exiled supporters to attend !

Feb 23, 2008
David_Fisher":3ac39iyo said:
chunkymonkey78":3ac39iyo said:

So presumably on that logic anyone who requires a credit note for a Grimsby ticket will only be able to use it against a cup game & there aren't going to be too many of those before the end of the season.

Argyle certainly have a knack for pi$$ing off their core support.

Have you contacted the Chairman? I'll bet he doesn't know this sort of thing is going on.

No I left it at that. Figured it was because I was lucky to get anything anyway but was such a pointless rule and gesture I've reconsidered booking in advance since then.

Jan 2, 2019
Can I make a suggestion. If the club are only offering credit notes and you aren’t sure you are travelling down again. Why not offload the credit note to someone local via a thread on here who is going to buy a ticket for a game?

Dec 9, 2012
So I go through the rigmarole of communicating with someone I don't know, and organising secure delivery and secure payment?
Why would anyone want to buy a ticket that way, when they could buy one via the club in the normal way?It's not as if tickets are going to be in short supply any time soon.

An excellent alternative would be to refund the admission cost to anyone who was in the unfortunate position I was in on Saturday! Simple, and everyone is happy.

Jun 27, 2019
Postponements at Home Park are such a rare occurrence that this will only affect fans once in a blue moon - and even then only the fans who are unable to use a credit note to attend another match (that must be a rarity in itself at this stage of the season).

I have some sympathy with those fans, but more sympathy with the club - who had to give away thousands of pounds worth of food because of the postponement, not to mention unsold programmes etc. Then there are the kids who were going to be mascots at the game - none of whom would have experienced a home Argyle postponement in their lifetime only to see their big day ruined by one. Also the chap on here who posted about the kids match that was due to take place at half-time... imagine how gutted those kids would have been.