We should keep Mikel Miller | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We should keep Mikel Miller

Oct 31, 2022
I love Miller.

I remember watching him in pre-season when he joined thinking wow, what a player. Then he got injured and I thought it was a disaster as he seemed so good... We're going to have to rely on this loanee from Norwich, Mumba...

We hadn't seen Mumba at that stage. But that turned out well in the end.

However, despite how highly I rate him, when he picked up his injury against Leicester and was subbed off, I was relieved.

All of their joy was down the right hand side and Miller was doing his usual diving in late tackles. It was a red card and a penalty waiting to happen. He got his usual yellow and gave away a free kick in a dangerous area right before the injury.

Love the player, love the character, but he can be a liability. If you're going to carry somebody in the team like that, they need to be Whittaker levels of good. And he isn't.

If I had to pick between him and Galloway to offer a new deal, it'd be Galloway all day, despite the age difference.

Sep 12, 2015
If we do offer him a new contract (which I would think is more unlikely than likely due to his injury history), then he needs to work on his crossing and tailor it to our attackers, and also on his defending to make him less likely to keep getting booked.
His pace and dribbling skills are awesome.
Overall I’d like to see him stay, but he does need to change some things about his play to make his game an attractive proposition for Argyle’s needs next season.
You see this is what I don’t quite get we are looking for a new Manager surely he will want his own style of players and choices not some players that are foisted upon him other than the ones in contract and not told this is what your getting 🤷

Reactions: oldage and oke buoy
Oct 1, 2013
The resigning of Miller depends greatly on the status of Saxon Earley.

If Saxon can regain fitness, then i would rather have him than Miller.

Miller has pace, is very direct and causes some issues... trouble is - his crossing is awful and his finishing is worse.
Sorinola seems to have decent delivery and can finish, but lacks the other things!

Saxon seems the best blend of them both and whilst he's not a groundbreaking player, neither are either of the above mentioned wingbacks.

Feb 8, 2005
You see this is what I don’t quite get we are looking for a new Manager surely he will want his own style of players and choices not some players that are foisted upon him other than the ones in contract and not told this is what your getting 🤷
He wont be a manager, he'll be a head coach and he will be advised to coach the players to give us attractive attacking football.

Reactions: David Doidge
May 26, 2015
I have been quietly impressed by Mikel Miller this season. And I think it hampered our prospects of survival when he got injured, although we got there in the end obviously.
I think we should aim to keep him. He is a busy, active kind of player, with pace and a willingness to have a go down the wing, take on defenders and try to get balls into the box. Ok, as some have commented previously, his crosses have not always been the best, but I think he offers us something different, and I think he can be coached to improve his delivery of the final ball...
Totally agree Spion Kopter!

May 26, 2015
Miller and Galloway are both going.
Utter tosh. Where do you get your duff information from? Next you will be saying that Freddie Ladappo was a trouble maker, when in actual fact Ipswich and me thought he was a good striker, even if he meaded 2 chances
per goal.

• Haha
Reactions: IJN
Oct 10, 2018
I have been quietly impressed by Mikel Miller this season. And I think it hampered our prospects of survival when he got injured, although we got there in the end obviously.
I think we should aim to keep him. He is a busy, active kind of player, with pace and a willingness to have a go down the wing, take on defenders and try to get balls into the box. Ok, as some have commented previously, his crosses have not always been the best, but I think he offers us something different, and I think he can be coached to improve his delivery of the final ball...
I agree with all of that but the big risk is he can only keep fit for 12 games and then out for next 25, comes back for 4 and is injured again. Argyle don't have squad size or depth to keep carrying injured players.

So I would have to say a No, believe Sirolona could do the same job, he has younger legs and fitter.