Webcam 3 (relocated March 13) | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Webcam 3 (relocated March 13)

Aug 4, 2018
Army green":m2jt2lvx said:
Saturday Service":m2jt2lvx said:
Emeraldinho":m2jt2lvx said:
Having walked past the ground last evening with the dogs, the West end of the grandstand looks utterly bizarre and very SJP :lol: - the cladding has yet to be cut to the correct height to match the roof and is in a comprehensive range of different shades of green! The weatherproof perspex sections seem to be following the same pattern but will, no doubt, be cut to the correct size eventually. I have to say though, that I was dismayed to see the cheap hardboard panels at the back of Bobby's Garden still there after Sunday's clean up. They are SUCH a bleddy eyesore and cheapen the new facade and adjoining wall. :sad: I was really hoping that they'd be replaced or renewed.

Having just viewed the latest set of photos from Greens on Screen (62) you can clearly see that some cladding sheets on the West end aren't different shades of green or perspex they are just dirty for the time being.

Are they just dirty? It looks like they’ve cut out some of the old grandstand and put it in. Looks shoddy.

Due to the current spell of dry weather, it's dusty as hell around the construction site. The dirty panels you see are either top of the pile or have been lying around on the floor. Was like a bleddy dust bowl up there yesterday.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Willis88":2t61b5jr said:
4 or 5 people have said it's just dust. Even people who have been on the site say it's just dust.

I'd confidently say you're wrong.

With the exception of the lighter green section by the windows at the rear, as seen in the GoS pic below, and the translucent section on the angle at the West end it's definitely just some dusty panels.

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photos. ... load=pic63

May 16, 2016
PennyX":3gaetjr2 said:
Hope I'm wrong but looks more than dust to me.

Yes, I'm sure the Contractors have just thrown up any old panels they found lying around. So unprofessional, thinking they'd gotten away with it and that nobody would notice it before they scarpered.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Yesterday morning the whole view from Cam 3 was like a dust bowl and the west end cladding all looked the same dusty colour.

There was no obvious sign of anybody working and I kept expecting a tumbleweed to go past in the wind to match the dusty atmosphere.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Quintrell_Green":2yb9v7uv said:
What's the latest with regard to the cream coloured seating for the grandstand, which is meant to be more pristine white?

Returned as they were the wrong colour apparently.

tonsk

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I took this one Saturday evening if it helps.

It's obviously not finished off, but gives some idea.

FG0Uahi.jpg

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
tonsk":w2b9d6g2 said:
Quintrell_Green":w2b9d6g2 said:
What's the latest with regard to the cream coloured seating for the grandstand, which is meant to be more pristine white?

tonsk

Thanks, but if that is the case, why were not the 3 rows in the Upper Tier at the Devonport End, not returned with them?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Quintrell_Green":2jq8ezdl said:
tonsk":2jq8ezdl said:
Quintrell_Green":2jq8ezdl said:

tonsk

Thanks, but if that is the case, why were not the 3 rows in the Upper Tier at the Devonport End, not returned with them?

At 1115 on Monday morning there were circa 50 persons sitting in the Devonport End, between the goal posts and the large exit/entrance. I wonder what that is all about?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Scaffolding going up at the main entrance to grandstand.