Welcome to the new Pasoti. MOBILE VERSION FIXED | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Welcome to the new Pasoti. MOBILE VERSION FIXED

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I would have edited my typo above but couldn’t find the edit facility on the mobile version.

I’m not keen on the topics list on the mobile version either which displays just one topic per screen.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Mat":13ac36sc said:
IJN":13ac36sc said:
Mat":13ac36sc said:
You undid all my hard work from 10 years ago?

Lovely to see you back Mat.

I've been lurking, had to log in to comment. Great upgrade :).

Your mobile version is still available - User Control Panel - Board Preferences - it's on the drop down list of My Board Style.

May 16, 2016
Reading, and based on the comments, I'm begining to think that the bottom line is - it looks better than it really is. Apart from the glitches, there doesn't appear to be a universal experience or ease of use across the board. Maybe it's not that user friendly after all.

Mine's defaulted to and remained on the old format.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Peeps,

The edit situation is not a glitch as such, it's a setting thing. When we can find where we can turn your edit function on, it will be turned on. Thanks for your patience.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Woke up this morning to the New Pasoti. Can’t find the quote option good that can now access the full editor & smilies from my mobile :thumbup:

Aug 11, 2013
Please take this in the spirit it was intended - not criticism - just feedback.

I think the individual posts take up too much room on one's screen and perhaps could be compressed?

On my PC a one line post basically takes up the whole screen. Too much wasted space and I don't like the continual scrolling. Not so easy to skim read a topic when you just want a flavor.

Yes its got that clean 'apple like' software look. Seems everyone is going that way with copies. Can't say its my favourite look. Like anything new it will take some getting used to but the size of the boxes for individual posts are way too big in my humble opinion. Perhaps its just an old curmudgeon like me who thinks this?

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Maybe I'm being a bit dim, but on mobile I can't seem to find the button to go to the last unread post. I can only go to the original post.

Aug 5, 2005
I realise the need to raise revenue, but the mobile version lands on a screen containing three separate adverts, and you need to scroll to find and content. That's not right in my book - it makes it look like the site is just here to make money.

In actual fact the next mobile site isn't great for navigation or intuity - I've reverted to the old one

EDIT - Actually it's four adverts as Lang and Potter and WK Electrical both advertise in the same header ad

Jan 13, 2017
arrythewurzel":2l4bkyut said:
Please take this in the spirit it was intended - not criticism - just feedback.

I think the individual posts take up too much room on one's screen and perhaps could be compressed?

On my PC a one line post basically takes up the whole screen. Too much wasted space and I don't like the continual scrolling. Not so easy to skim read a topic when you just want a flavor.

Yes its got that clean 'apple like' software look. Seems everyone is going that way with copies. Can't say its my favourite look. Like anything new it will take some getting used to but the size of the boxes for individual posts are way too big in my humble opinion. Perhaps its just an old curmudgeon like me who thinks this?

Totally agree Arry. i know its progress and you have to give thing time etc, but as avid browser rather than a rampant poster,my enjoyment of the site somewhat lessened, only time ill tell i suppose.
Finally, we all talk of this or that shade of green, but im finding it quite bland looking and the predominant 'clinical white' very harsh. could do with toning down a touch. all just initial opinions and im sure it will grow on me in time. :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
All points are being taken on board and bear with us.

The advert thing is only happening because the site is 'landing' properly just yet, but we'll get there.

This is three months old to some of us and it may take another couple to get it bang on, but we will.

It's my opinion the Desktop/PC version is wonderful and smart and there's more to do on the mobile. as almost 70% now view on mobile/tablet, it's also very important.

Ian

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I like to be able to see the date and time that each member has posted. Can I get this via Control Panel?

Apologies if this has already been asked.

Edited