What Bury think of us.. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What Bury think of us..

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Can but empathise with Bury FC supporters, another group of fans done over by unscrupulous and incompetent owners. Always the fans and staff who suffer. Come back stronger.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steve Dale Out":26wi6qbi said:
Tugboat":26wi6qbi said:
Steve Dale Out":26wi6qbi said:
Tugboat":26wi6qbi said:
The only hope is they get through it without going into administration or worse.

If that happens then so many people both directly and indirectly will be effected massively.

I take a little solace in what we are doing may in fact help the club keep its head above water. We’ve paid compensation for some staff and may take a few players off the wage bill, some may even come to us with a fee involved.

Bury have to strip back to basics and try to balance the books somehow and if we take people which benefit us great, in the medium term it’s whats needed for bury.

They are a wounded animal, survival is the key for them right now not necessarily keeping key people employed

unfortunately the lowe compensation and other monies seem to have disappeared and the local mp came out saying he was going to ask steve dale where exactly the moneys gone because it should go to the club.

Then hopefully a governing body comes in and freezes his accounts. When does it go from being a business to extortion or fraud?

all club accounts frozen now, there is a web of financial misconduct that is linked to the finance companies surrounding our club and the names of past and present directors keep cropping up. companies linked to us are under investigation and at the same time the efl did not do the proper fit and prpper tests on these guys and ive since heard that dale failed the 1st part of the test. we have now applied for a cva but thats means at least -12 points , sickening when the efl should have refused this guy owenership. if the cva is refused because hmrc dont agree to it looks like we are going under :cry:

Then the EFL should be independently investigated and held responsible if they failed to do what they are supposed to do.

It’s about accountability in these situations to ensure same mistakes are not made again because it’s crippling for so many people and the big cats always get to walk away largely unaffected.

Jan 27, 2012
Lowe would have probably taken his entire backroom team to his next club whether Bury were in financial difficulties or not. This happens all the time when managers leave clubs. Bury fans are probably more concerned at the survival of their club than worrying about their fitness coach joining Plymouth Argyle.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ade the green":2vw32l8l said:
I think because we know some of what the Bury fans are going through that we can and should have some empathy toward them.

I do wonder if RL’s 3 year contract might even equate to allowing Bury to sort themselves out before he might make some kind of hero’s homecoming later. I also hope that Bury fans can take hope in what happened to us and the lessons learned about keeping within their means (I know their plight is different but they will have to come out of it the same watch) and they come back stronger than ever.

I shouldn’t think Ryan Lowe has any thoughts at all about going back there in three years time. That would mean his time at Argyle had been a failure. He’s young and ambitious and knows that Argyle are a club who really ought to be in the Championship. If he gets that far, then he will have ambitions of becoming a top flight manager, rather than going back to a club which is always likely to spend most of its time in the bottom division.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I feel so sorry for Bury and their fans. They're a 'proper' football club and it would be a disgrace if this crook of an owner causes their demise.

Hopefully it won't come to that, and I'll be keeping a close eye on their fortunes next season and sincerely hoping they pull off a miracle and stay up. Would be nice if some of the huge local teams around them (Man City, United, Liverpool, etc) could lend them a player or two. Unlikely I know, but it would be a nice gesture.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":13ubvwo6 said:
Steve Dale Out":13ubvwo6 said:
Steve Dale Out":13ubvwo6 said:
The only hope is they get through it without going into administration or worse.

If that happens then so many people both directly and indirectly will be effected massively.

I take a little solace in what we are doing may in fact help the club keep its head above water. We’ve paid compensation for some staff and may take a few players off the wage bill, some may even come to us with a fee involved.

Bury have to strip back to basics and try to balance the books somehow and if we take people which benefit us great, in the medium term it’s whats needed for bury.

They are a wounded animal, survival is the key for them right now not necessarily keeping key people employed

unfortunately the lowe compensation and other monies seem to have disappeared and the local mp came out saying he was going to ask steve dale where exactly the moneys gone because it should go to the club.

Then hopefully a governing body comes in and freezes his accounts. When does it go from being a business to extortion or fraud?

all club accounts frozen now, there is a web of financial misconduct that is linked to the finance companies surrounding our club and the names of past and present directors keep cropping up. companies linked to us are under investigation and at the same time the efl did not do the proper fit and prpper tests on these guys and ive since heard that dale failed the 1st part of the test. we have now applied for a cva but thats means at least -12 points , sickening when the efl should have refused this guy owenership. if the cva is refused because hmrc dont agree to it looks like we are going under :cry:

Then the EFL should be independently investigated and held responsible if they failed to do what they are supposed to do.

It’s about accountability in these situations to ensure same mistakes are not made again because it’s crippling for so many people and the big cats always get to walk away largely unaffected.

I don't see why the ELF should be held responsible. You say they may have failed to do what they are supposed to do but what exactly do you expect from them? This bloke has turned out to be a bad egg when it comes owning a football club but there was nothing to suggest he would be such when he was buying the club.

Oct 31, 2015
I have to say I am uneasy about us taking more from Bury.

When we had our fire sales it hurt like hell and admin was just awful. What makes it worse is the big boys debts pale into insignificance compared to lower leagues but the premiership and EFL do F all about it.
The EFL should be investigated for the mess Bury are in because they should not have let Dale buy the club in the first place.

I really hope Bury come out of it and It would be nice for their big boy neighbours to help the fans (but they won't).

Good luck to them and all who are caught up in this mess up there

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
rsp4":iyypefzq said:
I have to say I am uneasy about us taking more from Bury.

When we had our fire sales it hurt like hell and admin was just awful. What makes it worse is the big boys debts pale into insignificance compared to lower leagues but the premiership and EFL do F all about it.
The EFL should be investigated for the mess Bury are in because they should not have let Dale buy the club in the first place.

I really hope Bury come out of it and It would be nice for their big boy neighbours to help the fans (but they won't).

Good luck to them and all who are caught up in this mess up there

I must have missed something. What history did Steve Dale have that made him unfit to buy a football club?