What do we do now? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What do we do now?

Jul 3, 2013
Whilst it is still possible to get into the play offs then nothing apart from a full strength team is acceptable and the same applies for relegation.

Jun 27, 2019
ping_g5":1uwk35fw said:
We're away to Gillingham last game. Maybe give Luke and Gaz 30 mins in the last home game, one last run on the hallowed turf....?

The football gods dictate that away to Gillingham is a certain defeat so we may as well play the U9s.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
ping_g5":jxzp2ytr said:
We're away to Gillingham last game. Maybe give Luke and Gaz 30 mins in the last home game, one last run on the hallowed turf....?

Sawyer and McCormick each need two more games to reach 300 and 350 appearances respectively so if Lowe is feeling charitable he might give them more than one game.
If they are staying for next season then it doesn't matter.

Sep 6, 2006
Stiffler":3arekfu5 said:
Whilst it is still possible to get into the play offs then nothing apart from a full strength team is acceptable and the same applies for relegation.

0h God there's 2 that think we can still get relegated. :facepalm:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
To be fair to all other teams i would hope that Lowe will not tinker with his selection unless we are playing teams that cannot possibly be relegated or promoted. Ergo, I wouldn't expect to see youngsters starting until 3-4 games to go unless we are forced by injuries or suspensions.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Wouldn’t it be great if we can cock up Sunderland’s promotion?

Poetic justice for them capitulating at Southend a couple of seasons ago.

Jul 3, 2013
Balham_Green":3uqxijej said:
Stiffler":3uqxijej said:

0h God there's 2 that think we can still get relegated. :facepalm:

I just think it is unprofessional to do so whilst it is mathematically possible, do I think there is a slightest chance we will get relegated or promoted......Absolutely not!

Jan 21, 2007
I really like the idea of blooding our younger players in situations like this, but does it really work?

A few seasons ago we gave starts to Rooney and Harvey against Hartlepool, stuffed them 5-0, the two lads getting two each and looked awesome ... they barely got a kick after that, and left pretty soon after so we could prioritise world beaters Jordan Slew and Jimmy Spencer.

If I was Lolos, I'd be tempted to model my career along the lines of the Brazilian "player" Carlos Henrique Raposo (Kaiser) and have a long and rewarding career without ever actually playing!!!

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
IJN":13bzo44j said:
Wouldn’t it be great if we can cock up Sunderland’s promotion?

Poetic justice for them capitulating at Southend a couple of seasons ago.

Agreed. I hope they stay in L1 for a very long time.

Apr 1, 2009
Mark Pedlar":2ok1ttyn said:
To be fair to all other teams i would hope that Lowe will not tinker with his selection unless we are playing teams that cannot possibly be relegated or promoted. Ergo, I wouldn't expect to see youngsters starting until 3-4 games to go unless we are forced by injuries or suspensions.

Important point.

Jul 24, 2009
In terms of the clubs overall momentum, selling the club to possible recruits and morale for next season, hopefully with fans returning, there is a big difference between us finishing say 12th or 20th, both of which are perfectly conceivable from here. We should be trying to finish as high as possible.

Oct 5, 2013
jerryatricjanner":ja01xjbc said:
Cobi Budge":ja01xjbc said:
elburtontrev":ja01xjbc said:
Cobi Budge":ja01xjbc said:
It would be good to see Luke and/or Gaz be given a final game, if either are considering retirement that is.

Not sure why you want to that in this highly competitive division, we are quite gung ho as a team unfortunately a player like sawyer would be exposed.
We have tough fixtures left I want us to finish as high as possible but if lowe believes in the ability of the youngsters then tomlinson and more so lolos deserve a chance

I’m not suggesting we play them for the rest of the season, just for the final game or for half of it (which will almost certainly be a dead rubber fixture for us), just as a thank you for their service really.
I can't see any point at all in a token apoearance for them especially in an empty stadium. They will be 36 and 38 when next season starts and shouldn't be part of a squad aiming for the play offs or better. I think we should try to finish as high as we reasonably can but also should be looking to give Tomlinson, Law and Lolos at least some game time to prove their worth. The pressure is off and it is an opportunity to partly plan for next season.

Agreed, and Lolos in particular needs to be given a start, imo.