What would be the worst... (3rd round draw) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What would be the worst... (3rd round draw)

Lesmin

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2011
Spurs away would be my worst draw I’ve heard so much about there new stadium would like to see how good it is

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
LJM":3rhjjwio said:
Spurs away would be my worst draw I’ve heard so much about there new stadium would like to see how good it is
I've been there on a non match day with the SG's and it really is superb.

My worst would be any ground that I haven't ticked off the list yet.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Have the rules for the share of gate money in the FA Cup been altered this season?

Normally the away team get 45% and the FA 10% which means if there is a 2,000 attendance at HP, the income from 1,100 members of the Green Army will not be going into Argyle coffers.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There is no prize money for the losing team in the third round so for smaller teams playing away they will make a loss, especially considering the travel costs involved.
Unless the FA reinstate 45% each of gate receipts of 2,000 fans. :)
You'd expect the bigger winning teams in the Premier League to give their prize money to the smaller losing team.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
pastiesforlife":27s4q297 said:
Spurs are the only team that I cannot remember playing in my lifetime. We have played Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton in the cup; Man Utd, Man City, and Chelsea in league and cups.

We played Spurs in the Gazza friendly but are they the team we have not played in a competitive game for the longest?
Me too starting in early1965. It was always Liverpool and Spurs until we played Liverpool recently.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":19ghsi97 said:
There is no prize money for the losing team in the third round so for smaller teams playing away they will make a loss, especially considering the travel costs involved.
Unless the FA reinstate 45% each of gate receipts of 2,000 fans. :)
You'd expect the bigger winning teams in the Premier League to give their prize money to the smaller losing team.

Games played in Tier Three will still be behind closed doors. It might be interesting if there are tier changes between the draw and the games being played.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
HC Green":1ynstivm said:
The manager wants a big team away for the fans!

So what we want is a good day out, for our fans, for the players and staff, and the football club
“It would be nice if we could get a day out at Anfield, or Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge – any of the Premier League teams – because I feel we deserve it.”
Morecambe Home. :facepalm:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
L G":26jb5830 said:
HC Green":26jb5830 said:

So what we want is a good day out, for our fans, for the players and staff, and the football club
“It would be nice if we could get a day out at Anfield, or Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge – any of the Premier League teams – because I feel we deserve it.”

Well at least HC could get his hair and nails done and get a new lippie for that one! :razz:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Everyone else seems to be hoping for one of the big boys but personally I'm hoping for Marine at home, let's get to the fourth round, more money and it gives us an even better chance of both drawing one of the big boys and also getting more fans into HP to see it.

Sep 6, 2006
L G":yiydnrwt said:
HC Green":yiydnrwt said:

Listening to Adams on BBC highlights reminded me how lucky we were to get rid of him. Must be the most boring manager ever. How does he motivate the players?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Bet we get spurs away and are not able to go ! That would be a double whammy as well as not being able to go the loss of a share of 60k Crowd

Jun 8, 2020
Who we hoping for in the third round?

Personally would like a winnable game in the third round as opposed to one of the larger prem teams, good source of revenue. A league 2 team at home would suit me.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
A big team from the North West at home for me. For the Ryan Lowe connection, Liverpool would be best but either way, hopeing for something which will boost the coffers with TV money, as they'll get naff all through gate receipts.

May 8, 2011
Pogleswoody":33ree1vz said:
L G":33ree1vz said:
HC Green":33ree1vz said:

Well at least HC could get his hair and nails done and get a new lippie for that one! :razz:

No, Covid protocols mean they aren’t permitted to meet anyone socially outside of their bubble when working, and as I live in a tier 2 area I’m not allowed to meet another household indoors even if like last time they stayed in Cornwall with tier 1 status.

May 8, 2011
I hope we don’t get Brentford or Tottenham away as they are both new grounds. At least with Wimbledon we will most likely get to go there next season.