What's going on at Swindon? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What's going on at Swindon?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
mervyn":34xrwcug said:
I don’t understand how the proposed buyer could buy the club without the agreement of the two principal shareholders. If they don’t like it they can block it, which means administration if they’re going to run out of cash. What’s the usual points deduction for administration?

Given that this league season has been agreed to finish (awaiting confirmation from the EFL and FA) - it’ll probably be that the points deduction doesn’t come into effect until the start of next season..

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Voice_of_Reason":2uvcuwlt said:
Ideal for Harry then.

He can appoint his dog as coach, Sandra as physio and still have enough to get his Grand-daughter involved as CEO.

Surely his missus will be finishing coach, given her apparent pedigree in this area..

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Kersie":10h196px said:
So Exeter could be promoted with us....that would definitely take the shine off our promotion.....get on with it. :furious:

Really? :shocked:

So if Exeter also get promoted, you believe it would somehow make our promotion a little less enjoyable?

I just don't get this rivalry at all. If it's a choice between playing Tranmere or Fleetwood home and away next season, or Exeter, I know who I'd gladly pick.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
it would be easier to get a ticket for the away games at Fleetwood or Tranmere. So they get my vote.

I'm not prepared to sit in with Excreta fans again like I had to this season. Unbearable - one of the low points in my entire life.

Mar 29, 2020
Give me Tranmere or Fleetwood over Exeter....yes most definitely....Exeter 1 game away fan....they absolutely love going to Exeter...Top Fan.

Apr 24, 2020
Hi guys. Congrats on the promotion.

Short summary.
Power ‘sold’ 15% of the club to Clem Morfuni for £1.1m and never got around to actually legalising it. He’s saying the money was ‘investment’ not purchase of shares.

When Power took over he was, basically, skint so Standing, a football agent with one main client, his lifelong buddy Gareth Barry, put in £300,000 to cover his expenses in the purchase and a further £500,000 for ongoing running costs.

Don’t ask me why, but Standing/Barry trusted Power without any formalisation of their involvement - EFL rules against players having an interest in a club. Since 2013 they have put £6m into the club on the ‘understanding’ they owned 50% of the club and were entitled to 50% of the future sale of certain players.

Matt Ritchie was sold to Bournemouth for £400,000 with a 20% sell on, so when Power received £1.85m on Ritchie’s sale to Newcastle he lied to Standing/Barry saying that money was due to the previous owner in lieu of a previous loan. Power trousered the lot.

Up pops an American company, Able, who have offered £7.5m to buy the club. Power was interested but declined to inform the other parties. They got wind and landed him with an injunction preventing any sale or putting the club into administration.

So now there’s a Mexican Stand-off with the 3 parties over who gets what on any future sale.

Bottom line - Power is a right lady’s garden.

Jan 27, 2012
Interesting summary ! Thanks.
I heard Power on TalkSPORT at the weekend saying the club were financially sound.

PS- Neither Swindon nor Argyle have been promoted yet. It depends on all sorts of factors, including what happens in the leagues above and what the EFL decide to do next.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Kersie":1iwnhr2b said:
So Exeter could be promoted with us....that would definitely take the shine off our promotion.....get on with it. :furious:

Not going to happen. Swindon will go up, but will have to start next season on minus points.

As for their current predicament.....................,Bless

Aug 5, 2016
STFC":3igxw3b4 said:
Hi guys. Congrats on the promotion.

Short summary.
Power ‘sold’ 15% of the club to Clem Morfuni for £1.1m and never got around to actually legalising it. He’s saying the money was ‘investment’ not purchase of shares.

When Power took over he was, basically, skint so Standing, a football agent with one main client, his lifelong buddy Gareth Barry, put in £300,000 to cover his expenses in the purchase and a further £500,000 for ongoing running costs.

Don’t ask me why, but Standing/Barry trusted Power without any formalisation of their involvement - EFL rules against players having an interest in a club. Since 2013 they have put £6m into the club on the ‘understanding’ they owned 50% of the club and were entitled to 50% of the future sale of certain players.

Matt Ritchie was sold to Bournemouth for £400,000 with a 20% sell on, so when Power received £1.85m on Ritchie’s sale to Newcastle he lied to Standing/Barry saying that money was due to the previous owner in lieu of a previous loan. Power trousered the lot.

Up pops an American company, Able, who have offered £7.5m to buy the club. Power was interested but declined to inform the other parties. They got wind and landed him with an injunction preventing any sale or putting the club into administration.

So now there’s a Mexican Stand-off with the 3 parties over who gets what on any future sale.

Bottom line - Power is a right lady’s garden.

Thanks for the summary. Would love to hear Power's side of the story. Do Standing/Barry and Morfuni support each other and have a similar position on what to do about Power?

May 22, 2006
This is the Lee Power, who played 18 games (no goals) for us in the 80's, isn't it? He became very much a journeyman footballer of lower league status.

It never made much sense where he would have acquired enough cash to buy a league club. Thankfully there are stringent background checks in place to ensure clubs do not fall in to the wrong hands.

As an ex player, he would have been aware of the potential for Plymouth and the need of an investor. Did he ever show an interest in 'buying' Argyle?

Jun 27, 2019
STFC":a99uhoma said:
I know it, you know it. Virtually confirmed today.

Some on here are refusing to see what is right before their eyes.

Congrats on the title and good luck getting through your current difficulties.