Where we are 27/9/11 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Where we are 27/9/11

A

Anonymous

Graham Clark":du1byw8t said:
IJN":du1byw8t said:
Hell, optimism from Mr Clark!! :greensmile:

Ian, you will know since that 'rock bottom' day at the CP meeting at the City Business Park and once we had a greater understanding of actually what was really going on my optimism levels of our salvation have risen day by day as JB became fully engaged. There is still much to do and as JB constantly reminds us there remains risk in the process but perhaps now we are turning into the home straight.

But after months of broken promises and deadlines it is right that we all proceed cautiously. As near as JB is to the prize he is having to juggle a lot of balls. We need to focus on the winning line not the lap of honour - hence my frustration about debating a board that doesn't even exist.

Chris Webb":1auo4wjp said:
Graham Clark":1auo4wjp said:
IJN":1auo4wjp said:
Hell, optimism from Mr Clark!! :greensmile:

Ian, you will know since that 'rock bottom' day at the CP meeting at the City Business Park and once we had a greater understanding of actually what was really going on my optimism levels of our salvation have risen day by day as JB became fully engaged. There is still much to do and as JB constantly reminds us there remains risk in the process but perhaps now we are turning into the home straight.

But after months of broken promises and deadlines it is right that we all proceed cautiously. As near as JB is to the prize he is having to juggle a lot of balls. We need to focus on the winning line not the lap of honour - hence my frustration about debating a board that doesn't even exist.

After all the sh*t we've been through; month after month of it seemingly without end;- I have to say I'm currently more nervous than ever before.... :wtf:

Because we now actually have an end to it all in sight,.... but we're still not quite there yet!

Whoever and whatever might still hold things up, I'm just praying they will disappear, and finally allow us to go back to following football instead of boardroom shananigans!

Can't stand much more of this! FFS, Mr Brent and/or anybody else involved, LETS DO THIS!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sep 28, 2005
Tunbridge Wells
Well done to the Chris and the Trust for seizing the initiative and setting up contingency committee without which we wouldn't have reached this point. Lots of nerves still though for the next 3 weeks or so as all the legalities and negotiations are completed - hopefully successfully.

Thanks also for the updates.

A

Anonymous

Sorry guy's.
We are still well and truly fudged until its signed and sealed in my eyes. I just can't believe the end is nigh until its nigh. Trauma just seems too normal nowadays. :)

Dec 30, 2010
United Kingdom
Patience is key; I'm currently buying a house, it's at the bottom end of the market and has no chain either side, nonetheless it has already taken 7 weeks from bid to exchange this week thanks to solicitors and the like. It's incredible really that the Brent deal is able to move this fast given the amount of stakeholders involved, let's not count our chickens but remain patiently optimistic in the knowledge that process now seems to be in the right hands.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
thanks to solicitors and the like

You don't see many "poor" ones do you Staths? :)

@dave-1975-pafc - Stop being such a fudging big drama queen!!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Jones the Green":1mo0ff95 said:
After all the sh*t we've been through; month after month of it seemingly without end;- I have to say I'm currently more nervous than ever before....

From my favourite film, Jaws........

Noon, the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us. He swung in low and he saw us... he was a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper. Anyway, he saw us and he come in low and three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and starts to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn.

:greensmile: :eh: :|

The Ventura is circling, we're in our lifejackets.........................

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
X Isle":tbsn5x1c said:
Mark Pedlar":tbsn5x1c said:
Good news (and thanks Chris). I'll save the champagne until we see how the club is run post takeover.

I hate champagne but I think we're entitled to a nice flat scrumpy if/when the deal is done. I don't think a celebration that we got our club back AND avoided liquidation to get it is too much to ask for, is it Mark?. It's a given that a JB takeover wouldn't be the end of the story, there'd still be masses to do to regain our reputation and pride, but f**k me it surely marks the end of a deeply harrowing chapter, no?.

Thanks Chris.

Always knew I had more class than you!

Easy to promise. Less easy to deliver. I'll wait until the end of the season thanks.

Sep 6, 2006
woking_green":9zyrkqoe said:
When Brent takes over, it will be time for great celebrations. What we have all learnt is what the club means to us and even other fans. Those involved in overseeing this debacle should face punishment of some kind.

We have a club because we wouldn't let it die. That is something to be very proud of.

Thanks for the update Chris

Or the staff and players wouldnt!

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Balham_Green":22zcj4sr said:
woking_green":22zcj4sr said:
When Brent takes over, it will be time for great celebrations. What we have all learnt is what the club means to us and even other fans. Those involved in overseeing this debacle should face punishment of some kind.

We have a club because we wouldn't let it die. That is something to be very proud of.

Thanks for the update Chris

Or the staff and players wouldnt!

Excellent point BG.

To Smiffy, as it happens I bought a gallon of Broadoak Dry yesterday (£4.90) but to celebrate regally when the deed is done I have today bought a galoon of Thatchers Cheddar Valley (£7.00) to really push the boat out. I think, despite words of continuing caution, that JB turning up Saturday indicated to me we were entering the home straight and only the exunpected, unexpected could derail the deal.

And finally, Im still in shock at Clarky giving a hint of optimism, I saw him from a far Saturday after the match and he even looked down then :greensmile:

Thanks Chris as always for your regular updates.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Staths":9gvqrkab said:
Patience is key; I'm currently buying a house, it's at the bottom end of the market and has no chain either side, nonetheless it has already taken 7 weeks from bid to exchange this week thanks to solicitors and the like. It's incredible really that the Brent deal is able to move this fast given the amount of stakeholders involved, let's not count our chickens but remain patiently optimistic in the knowledge that process now seems to be in the right hands.

I'm in the same boat mate but my solicitor isnt too bad and we're nearly done in 5 weeks.

Just depends on who your solicitor is, id imagine brent has a top set of solicitors and paying them a handsome amount so they will be working hard on that case

Aug 9, 2011
Whiddon down
What's the status with the Golden share and FA approval for JB deal?

Have I missed the info on that or will the business deal still have to have approval to complete. Really hoping it is all in hand but haven't seen it mentioned?

N

H

Half-Time-Pasty

What worries me is what do we do WHEN this is all over?! This shambles has been going on for so long it's become the norm!