Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 108 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 84 21.2%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 50 12.6%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 39 9.8%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.5%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 54 13.6%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 57 14.4%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 48 12.1%

• Total voters
Nov 18, 2011
On the evidence of this season I would say attacking football is the best way to play in this league with a restricted budget. We had to come out against Hull all guns blazing and as a result put in the best home performance since Shumacher left. I was in some ways before the game actually relieved a draw was useless to us, had that happened we would have sat back as we did against Stoke and Millwall and could well have lost.
Luton scored 57 goals last season, barely more than one a game and plenty of other teams outscored them. They had one of the best defences in the league which is how they got promoted.

There's still a place for a more pragmatic style which can bring results on a budget. As usual there's more than one way to skin a cat.

I certainly recall when we won our first away game in eons under Foster many fans were supportive of a more pragmatic style of play.

Last edited:
Reactions: IvyG

zakbrown96

✅ Evergreen
Mar 22, 2013
The fact not one agent has leaked a client being interested in Argyle job yet is quick staggering, not one media outlet has said a word on our next boss, it’s very strange

Tynan One Nil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
I think it is unlikely we appoint a Manager already in post elsewhere. Maybe a No2 with less compensation to be paid and the club allowing them to leave, to take the opportunity to step up to a Head Coach role with us.
An out of work Manager just like Liam Rosenoir a greater possibility, if he can be afforded.

Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Just a point about investment, looking online there player purchases and sales over the last few seasons have been almost net zero, this doesnt take into account possible loan player fees. It does show how import developing players and selling them on to then purchases more potentially better players is, slowly building the squad.
Kieran McGuire from the Price of Football said recently that under the new owner Hull have
increased their budget from bottom 6 to top 6 in 3 years.

Their fans were speculating in mid season which player player would have to be sold to comply with FFP should they not go up.

more details here.
Sounds like another crazy foreign owner throwing cash around and expecting instant results

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Bali finished the season where he left off in the promotion year, really looking forward to seeing how he starts the next campaign, high expectations.

Reactions: Nobby

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
No, he had a row with Bali after our home game against Peterborough. He was Peterborough manager at the end of Bali's loan spell there the season before.
If that is true Jon, then I would change my vote to 'Someone else.'
I believe Bali will play a major part next season.

Reactions: NLG