Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 92 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 83 21.4%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 48 12.4%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 38 9.8%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.7%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 55 14.2%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 46 11.9%

• Total voters

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Would Alex Neil be that of a bad shout? Plenty of experience at this level. Did well at Norwich, did reasonably well at Preston, took Sunderland up. Wouldn’t be my first choice but we could do worse.

Oct 10, 2012
Would Alex Neil be that of a bad shout? Plenty of experience at this level. Did well at Norwich, did reasonably well at Preston, took Sunderland up. Wouldn’t be my first choice but we could do worse.
He would be a solid choice.

Would be more than happy with him.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth

No, he’d be a good manager to stabilise our position in the league, but he is also a known quantity than many other candidates and what we know is that he’s managed better teams with bigger budgets and not really achieved that much since 2015.

Plus he jumped ship from Sunderland when Stoke came calling. We slaughtered SS for doing the same thing…

Reactions: MustardEagle
Oct 18, 2022
Does anybody know the style of football that Barry favours? Although by no means negative, Tuchel's teams are generally not renowned for free-flowing, attacking play (although he is extremely tactically astute). It would be interesting to know which ideas have rubbed off on Barry and how he sees the game. After Foster's more pragmatic approach, all the noises coming out of the club seem to point to an attacking philosophy being a priority with the new hire.

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
If we said to Barry, the job is yours but you need to sack off Portugal and be there on day 1 of pre-season, would he take it?

Tough one, either way.

Apr 5, 2008
Plymouth
I think we need a course and distance man for the next couple of years. Absolutely boring though it seems. Anthony Barry could just as easily be another Foster.

Any of Nigel Pearson, Alex Neil, Nathan Jones, Mark Warburton would do for me. If that can result in two mid-table finishes and we move forward from there, that would be grand.

Ideally, if they could keep Nance and/or Joe E within the club, all the better.

Dec 18, 2023
Michael Skubala (born 31 October 1982) is an English football coach who is the head coach for EFL League One club Lincoln City. He is a coach with over 20 years coaching experience at different levels including Premier League and youth international football. He has coached across England national teams with a unique background of futsal and football more akin to South American or European coaches. (From Wiki)

Needs to be on the list if you can put him in. Been mentioned multiple times as favoured by alot of people.

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
That's shocking he's been sacked. Surely means they have someone lined up.

I think there will be too much interest in him for us to get him....

Reactions: KJC