Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 96 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 84 21.4%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 38 9.7%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.6%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.5%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 56 14.2%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 48 12.2%

• Total voters

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
That is interesting... unbelievably harsh. This is a good article https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/23/hull-city-push-premier-league-liam-rosenior-signings-acun-ilicali#:~:text=Rosenior's commitment to a philosophy,with players and parent clubs.

Strangely though, I didn't love the way Hull played. Very slow and possession based, whereas we are more direct and high-risk?
Reading that article he wouldn't be put off by our training facilities,or lack off,and seems to have some good PL contacts for Loanees.Sounds a perfect fit from what he says in the article but have we the budget to convince him

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
Liam was at Bristol City aged 18 when his dad got the Torquay job in 2002.

Liam did go to Torquay on loan in 2004 playing for his Dad 10 times acccording to Wiki.
Thanks.

Had a look at the article you posted, comments were interesting... 2 main themes from the fans ... Really nice guy who speaks and treats people well and the players really like him..... Fits the SH one argyle way for sure

His personality would seem to fit us as a club. Regarding the underachieving, it could be seemed at like that but also it should be remembered how hard it is to get into the play offs.

His football does sound a little like over playing at times but he sounds like he had the personality to adapt and learn with experience.

Reactions: SMG
Oct 26, 2005
Plymouth
Hahaha i was about 4 pages behind when i voted for Anthony Berry, i looked down the list and thought why have so many people voted for Liam Rosenior!? As I've caught up i just found out he's been sacked, what a crazy decision. I'd love for him to become our new manager/head coach, can i change my vote.... :ROFLMAO:

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Hahaha i was about 4 pages behind when i voted for Anthony Berry, i looked down the list and thought why have so many people voted for Liam Rosenior!? As I've caught up i just found out he's been sacked, what a crazy decision. I'd love for him to become our new manager/head coach, can i change my vote.... :ROFLMAO:
Yes, its at the bottom of the page, I did that already, as have a lot of others by the look of things....

Reactions: goldinho

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
I found it's amazing what happens that you can miss when you actually start doing some work instead of replying to posts on here!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ah ok, I didn't realise that.

I'd think he'd fit perfectly into Argyle's culture though.

Reactions: jimsing
May 28, 2015
I voted for Crofts earlier but rosenior absolutely fits. 39 years old, works as a head coach and plays a possession based game. His football was a bit slow which I think he would need to improve on, however I also think at times under Schumacher that is what we needed sometimes to stop the games being so end to end. If he could find a balance between slowing it down and speeding up he would be a fantastic coach. 100% the now outstanding candidate. Get him in now and give him the summer to plan. Another benefit is he will have just had a load of scout reports on potential signings for hull or ones that were plan Bs for hull but could easily be good enough to be plan As for us to build on this season. Could almost be like having two lists of players to bring in