Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 98 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 83 21.5%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 48 12.4%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 38 9.8%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.7%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 55 14.2%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 44 11.4%

• Total voters
Jan 6, 2004
He's been sacked, no compensation involved.
I meant compensation for him, which will be impacted by whatever salary he earns next. Lets say he is on £800,000 per year and we offer him £400,000. If a deal isnt done Hull may argue that he didnt do enough to look for a higher salary job and limit his compensation accordingly. A 3 way deal would resolve all that.

Reactions: Floyd Pepper
Apr 30, 2015
It's easy to knee-jerk when hearing news like this (Hull sacking Liam Rosenior).
But nevertheless it is quite an exciting prospect, if there even is any chance of him coming here.
As regards his Hull team possibly underachieving, this may be true, but it is hard to quantify how club culture can affect matters on the pitch. Positive club culture at Argyle seems to be a big part of our chances of success. As an intelligent and articulate man, which by all accounts he is, I think there is a high chance he would embrace that aspect.
He's clearly well regarded within the game.
He has also just played a part in our Championship survival!

Yes please!

Reactions: Green Flash

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Nothing ceases to amaze me in football. Why would Hull sack him? Top of the list for me, he knows the Championship well from his playing and coaching career and is the right age. I hope we can afford him and I hope he might be interested

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
How ironic would it be for us to employ the manager of the team we beat to secure our Championship Status on the final day of the season which subsequently saw him lose his job

Football moves in mysterious ways ;)

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I wonder how well the after match chat went, hopefully well enough to pick up the phone and have a call today to discuss his next role. Timing in life is everything !

Reactions: Drake
Aug 29, 2015
Lots of you are seeing something in LR that I missed in his team on Saturday. I agree with Biggs and PAFC123, who have said Hull's possession football was slow. However, I'd go further and say it was dull and uninspiring. In the admittedly shorter periods Argyle had the ball, it was incisive and thrilling.
Great bloke, comes across well, but I'm not sure the football is the brand we're after [*puts on hard hat*].

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
How ironic would it be for us to employ the manager of the team we beat to secure our Championship Status on the final day of the season which subsequently saw him lose his job

Football moves in mysterious ways ;)

It happened with Holloway. 🤯

Oct 19, 2021
On reflection it is actually difficult to think of a box he doesn’t tick in terms of what Argyle are looking for.
Lots of you are seeing something in LR that I missed in his team on Saturday. I agree with Biggs and PAFC123, who have said Hull's possession football was slow. However, I'd go further and say it was dull and uninspiring. In the admittedly shorter periods Argyle had the ball, it was incisive and thrilling.
Great bloke, comes across well, but I'm not sure the football is the brand we're after [*puts on hard hat*].
Bit harsh to judge based on one game. Hull have played some good stuff this season.

Aug 17, 2005
Liam Roseiner not for me. I like his football but he has had money to burn to achieve it, could he do it on the budget he would have at Argyle.

Reactions: Sparkypete
Jun 22, 2005
If we gave him the job and we go from 21st to 8th or 9th in 18 months I for one will not be complaining

South Hams James

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 10, 2011
Whilst i would be happy with Liam Rosenior, we have to take into account that the owner of Hull has thrown a lot of money at the playing squad, something that we likely cannot match. So whilst he ticks many boxes, the reality is he has slightly underachieved. With that squad in the second half of the season he should have been finishing above Norwich and West Brom. Hull where 7th place on Jan 01st and finished 7th. That said we aren't going to get someone who is over achieving in the Championship are we..... Question is are we better with an experienced Championship proven manager, who is young and ambitious, favours a good style of football. Or an overachieving League One manager, Foreign manager or experienced Premier League first team coach. Who knows.....