Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 99 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 83 21.3%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 48 12.3%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 38 9.8%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.6%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 56 14.4%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 46 11.8%

• Total voters

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
<ring ring goes a telephone in Munich>

"Hi is that Anthony Barry its Andrew Parkinson"
"Yes this is me, Looking forward to meeting tomorrow for the interview, i have my presentation ready"
"Ah yes, sorry thats why I am calling"
"oh yes....?"
"yeah sorry, we've filled the job. No need to come to Plymouth"
"filled it already? You only asked to meet yesterday"
"yeah, errrrm, yeah so, well this is a little awkward and we're a really professional outfit clearly, but we just offered it to Liam Rosenior.....he became available like twenty minutes ago and he's going to get us promoted and, well, argyle are massive"
"oh thats a sha...."

<Parkinson hangs up>
<Parkinson leans back in his chair and lights cigar>

man-lights-cigar-lighters-260nw-544388416.jpg

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The vast majority of that squad at Hull was already there before Rosenior, and if you look at the defence and midfield they are hardly names that people talk about when they talk about the good players in this league. They've spent some money, mainly on quality attacking players, but that was mainly to make up for the outgoing Keane Lewis-Potter. They lost a key player and they reinvested to evolve. Rosenior would be an excellent choice.

Mar 30, 2024
Lots of you are seeing something in LR that I missed in his team on Saturday. I agree with Biggs and PAFC123, who have said Hull's possession football was slow. However, I'd go further and say it was dull and uninspiring. In the admittedly shorter periods Argyle had the ball, it was incisive and thrilling.
Great bloke, comes across well, but I'm not sure the football is the brand we're after [*puts on hard hat*].
Clearly you didn't see Hull play against Ipswich.

Apr 30, 2011
Just come on to say Rosenior has been sacked and that he should definitely be considered. Will feel unfairly treated and will have a point to prove. Hull have done well this season results wise. I don't know they're style of play, is there anyone with a bit of knowledge?

I'm assuming his back room staff will have been booted as well? So we could get all the appointments made without spending a penny in compensation.

Reactions: Said old Green
May 28, 2015
I wonder if today is maybe proof that it’s worth holding on a week or so to see who else gets sacked. I’ve already said I’d jump at rosenior and I would be very happy with him but there’s a chance other options could come up too in the next couple of weeks