Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 100 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 83 21.3%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 48 12.3%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 38 9.7%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.6%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 56 14.4%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 47 12.1%

• Total voters

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wonder if today is maybe proof that it’s worth holding on a week or so to see who else gets sacked. I’ve already said I’d jump at rosenior and I would be very happy with him but there’s a chance other options could come up too in the next couple of weeks

Conversely he (LR) would be silly to jump at us as well.

Reactions: PAFC123

Gunny green

✅ Evergreen
Jun 19, 2019
Not straightaway though.
Imo now is the time for argyle to jump and make a decision on this
For me the next manager/coach is the most important decision to be made
and I think he would be the prefect choice for our club and if we have to push the boat out on this one we should sometimes you have to go beyond doing it on the cheap everything about him fits are club good football down to earth sort of person and Imo I feel he will embrace the project
But will this happen probably not but let's hope

Reactions: Andy in Peverell
Apr 30, 2011

There is an interesting analysis of their style of play. Particularly the below

"...fortune up front this season, as only Norwich, West Brom, Ipswich, and recently relegated Southampton have scored more. Hull have continued to impose their possession-based approach under Rosenior this campaign, too. They have so far averaged 4.43 passes per sequence, which is only bettered by Southampton and Leicester. In addition, Hull have so far produced 16 build-up attacks, which is bettered by only five teams, including all the recently relegated sides."

I did see similar from Foster and was impressed. I guess the difference with this analysis is that it I'd at Championship level took over a season which gives it much more integrity than the analysis of Foster's tactics. The goals scores and passing sequences is right up there towards the top of the Championship stats.

Rosenior has also played U20 and U21 football so may well have crossed paths with Dewsnip at some point. Additionally, he spent a couple of years at Brighton where it appears he was registered to play with their U21 and U23 teams. Presumably this was in some form of coaching capacity and if that is correct, he would be familiar with the their player recruitment and development processes. As a player, he has played almost exclusively in the top two tiers plus he has been a manger for about 90 Championship games.

He ticks so many boxes but has the club level experience that Foster just couldn't bring to the table.

I'm really hopeful this falls into place, The timing feels just too perfect. It would be massive boost to get him and his team in so soon after the season has finished.

South Hams James

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 10, 2011
Actually i have had a look at it would seem that Hull haven't splashed the cash on transfers at least, i am sure they have paid a good fee / wages for their loan players mind you. Spend wise, this season in the Championship if we do get the talked about investment no reason why we cant spend this kind of money. What is interesting is that there player spending and sales have been pretty much equal in the past two seasons. This shows how important our player trading will be. i.e. sell Whittaker and Cooper for 23m combined and spend that on 8 players, etc. grow year on year.

1715093215220.png
1715093285683.png

Jan 2, 2024
It’s unlikely to happen though isn’t it? Our chairman has said in his interview after foster that he isn’t a fan of fan power , that the more we shout the less inclined he is to act , the fans like this ,it isn’t his idea , he won’t like it.

Oct 19, 2021
It’s unlikely to happen though isn’t it? Our chairman has said in his interview after foster that he isn’t a fan of fan power , that the more we shout the less inclined he is to act , the fans like this ,it isn’t his idea , he won’t like it.
I think the point people are making is that he seems to fit most, if not all, of the criteria that Simon has talked about.

Apr 30, 2011
What a bizarre interpretation of what Mr Hallett said and what has been posted on this thread.

Mar 24, 2019
I don’t only think he ticks all the boxes for us , I think we should tick all the boxes for him …he’s been unfairly dismissed by two championship clubs who aren’t known for their patience with managers …if he can accept a smaller wage/budget , then I think we are the perfect club for him to start and get to see through a project under a patient chairman and a fan base that would clearly be behind him

Jul 29, 2012
Conversely he (LR) would be silly to jump at us as well.
Agreed - it will come as a shock to him I expect but it would be madness for the PA board not to approach him . He’d likely bring his coaching team with him , Justin Walker and Andy Dawson .

It also wouldn’t be a surprise if Sunderland were interested , together with Birmingham ( possibly ) .

Jul 8, 2016
Agreed - it will come as a shock to him I expect but it would be madness for the PA board not to approach him . He’d likely bring his coaching team with him , Justin Walker and Andy Dawson .

It also wouldn’t be a surprise if Sunderland were interested , together with Birmingham ( possibly ) .
Add Bolton to that list if Ian Evatt fails promotion.....

Reactions: Belfast Green
Jan 6, 2004
There was an element of hyperbole when he said that. What he meant was that the board would not react to fan pressure to sack somebody. He is not insane he would not refuse to employ somebody just because he was the popular choice!

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
Simon's just arriving in Hull now......

"hold the wheel Andrew, just getting my cheque book out me pocket....."

fast-car.gif