Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 101 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 83 21.2%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 38 9.7%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.6%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.5%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 56 14.3%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 48 12.2%

• Total voters

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
This is what you get with impatient foreign owners. They all think that they will be in the Chumps League in the next 12 months and they hate the disappointment.

Feb 8, 2005
Let's not get carried away, folks.

Hallett has set out a system for bringing in another head coach and I don't think he will veer away from that.

He has also said that he would go beyond just looking at any applications and would actively seek out an individual if the circumstances were right.

May I suggest that he could put a feeler out to see if Rosenior would be interested in the position and if so then ask him to send in his cv. This would also give Rosenior time to decide if he was interested, knowing that he had been asked specifically by Hallett.

Being a data man, I don't think he would stray away from his method of pruning the applications, but he could compare Rosenior's qualities with others that will have applied.

No doubt Rosenior would be interviewed, among others, and it would be at this stage when questions could be answered both ways, that Hallett could assist with his final decision.

That way he could still give credit to his data analysis, whether Rosenior came out top or not, and it would give Rosenior time to reflect on his time at Hull and whether he would be interested in the Argyle job.

Of course, there is always the possibility of Rosenior turning down Hallett's initial offer, and Argyle would know where we then stood with him.

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
LR is another one in the Hat.
However location is a factor. He knows how far Hull to Plymouth is. I live outside Lincoln and its a bloody trip to Plymouth i can tell you. I am sure he is from that area too and prob where he is settled.
Would he relocate? Which i feel is a must nowadays.

But no need ro knee jerk lets get the right person this time.

Jun 27, 2019
oddly he was 8/1 third favourite for the Argyle job this morning, before he was sacked.
That is odd. Somebody must have requested him because there's no way he was in any way a possible candidate for our role after the job he's done at Hull this season.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am sure Leroy would be interested in getting back to the West Country again having previously been the manager up the road in the past at Torquay. One thing which might be against him is his age and it might no longer fit SH's age profile which he is seeking as the next Argyle head coach. Personally, I would consider him. He is a decent experienced guy.

Aug 30, 2006
Interesting that many seem to be jumping on the Liam Rosenior bandwagon, to be fair prior to the last game of the season I didn't have a clue who the Hull boss was.
From what I can judge also, he wasn't able to rouse his side for that match, think Coops made two maybe three saves, apart from that I felt we looked more than comfortable against his possession based plan.

Aug 30, 2006
I am sure Leroy would be interested in getting back to the West Country again having previously been the manager up the road in the past at Torquay. One thing which might be against him is his age and it might no longer fit SH's age profile which he is seeking as the next Argyle head coach. Personally, I would consider him. He is a decent experienced guy.
It's Liam not Leroy.....

Reactions: jerryatricjanner
Jun 27, 2019

What age profile is that, QG? Rosenior is 39, which is eight years younger than our previous incumbent.

Sep 7, 2006
Liam may just wait for a couple of weeks to see which of the three sides that don’t get promoted do a Hull and remove their manager before contemplating little old Argyle
Would love him to be our new manager but Liam must want to be Argyles manager first.

Old Brown

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 10, 2020
Wadebridge
He seems very classy. On Saturday amongst all the chaos at the final whistle he waited until he was able to shake hands with ND and KN. Then, as shown on Matchday moments, he waited in the tunnel to shake hands with the Argyle players and coaches. In his post match interviews he congratulated Argyle - something rarely seen from the big team bosses. Let's dream.