Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 104 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 83 21.3%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 48 12.3%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 38 9.8%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.6%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 56 14.4%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 46 11.8%

• Total voters
Oct 10, 2018
To many investors want instant success but it rarely works out that way, you have to build and progress, in order to build steady foundations.

West Ham are another example of reckless decision making of this kind.

Can't believe Moyes is leaving and getting criticism, he re- calibrated them when they were in bottom half, developed Declan Rice into 100 million pound footballer, won European cup and just outside European spaces again.

Is now said to be leaving at end if season.just crazy, whatever next Man City sack their manager because they didn't win the champions league or failed to win the PL by more than 9 pts, its just crazy town.

Feb 14, 2022
Hull are crazy look how they have progressed, 10 places better off, having invested modestly. They we're competitive in most games, barely missed out on a play off spot.

He appears to be the type of character and a young coach, who would fit into the remit SH, ND and AP are looking for.

The style of footy his Hull team played and a mixture of skills, space and aggression when needed.

Also he has increased the value of several of Hull's players, both Everton and Villa showing interest. This is also what is said to be one of SH aims for a HC to maintain the sustainability and lay a platform for progress.

I think I'd still go for Lee Hobbs, Monty 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Feb 14, 2022
View attachment 15309 Slow build up style, not the PAFC fast attacking style.

This isn't a slight on Rosenior but they didn't look like a group of players with the same spirit as us. They were neat and tidy but a few of them seemed to do their own thing - the Liverpool lad especially and Delap looked miles off it. We won it because collectively we wanted it more than they did. If you put that spirit into their style it could be pretty good.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
You don't right off an head coach on one performance, the fact was Hull chance of rreaching Playoff was remote.

Secondly how do we know Liam R wasn't made aware that if he didn't reach the playoffs it was curtains.

If you watch his body language even at beginning of the game, it was less energised than usual.
Many of the players were said to have remained with the manager in dressing room after the game, reflecting on there season. Its likely they knew he would be out, and by all accounts LR was very popular amongst the players 1 & 2 million is not a lot for a player in the championship.

LR also helped develop and improve many more of the Hull players, and now they have two.players drawing interest from Everton, Villa and Newcastle, rumoured to be offering between 12 - 15 million, so that's 4 million extra in the bank, on top of spending you mentioned.

If that was any other business you would be delighted.
I said I would love the appointment, where on earth did I write him off?

Florida Green

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jul 9, 2016
Sarasota, FL, USA
This isn't a slight on Rosenior but they didn't look like a group of players with the same spirit as us. They were neat and tidy but a few of them seemed to do their own thing - the Liverpool lad especially and Delap looked miles off it. We won it because collectively we wanted it more than they did. If you put that spirit into their style it could be pretty good.
Take a look at them vs Ipswich in the 3-3 draw. Three times they came back to level.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
They were a bit on the beach. It would have taken a silly turnaround to have got them into the playoffs, and by HT it was clear not only was it not happening here, it wasn't happening in other games.

I'm a bit cautious, but he does seem the clear option. My concern would be the cost and attitude. I want a manager/head-coach who applies, and really wants to be here. Not someone who thinks they're doing us a favour. I'd like the board to make sure they know his personality inside and out, and not spend a fortune on him.

Aug 29, 2008
Easy. Just have Nance and Edwards on the coaching staff. 😊

Oct 10, 2018
They were a bit on the beach. It would have taken a silly turnaround to have got them into the playoffs, and by HT it was clear not only was it not happening here, it wasn't happening in other games.

I'm a bit cautious, but he does seem the clear option. My concern would be the cost and attitude. I want a manager/head-coach who applies, and really wants to be here. Not someone who thinks they're doing us a favour. I'd like the board to make sure they know his personality inside and out, and not spend a fortune on him.

After Foster, SH has made it clear that the personality and commitment to the "Argyle as One", will and be fundamental to whoever is shortlisted.

Let's be honest you only have to read this statement from the Hull fans forum - Liam Rosenior had a fanbase that adored him but Hull now risk going backwards after his sacking - and there is a fear players will follow him out of the door

Reactions: CarolinaGreen
May 28, 2015
To remember this thread isn’t just about rosenior, worth mentioning that Mike Williamsons mk dons lost 3-0 to Crawley in the first leg of their play off semi tonight. A week ago he was one a lot of people would have taken

Reactions: MustardEagle
May 28, 2015
A really random thought and not suggesting him as manager but a name I’ve not seen, what’s Lee bowyer doing these days?

Oct 19, 2021
A really random thought and not suggesting him as manager but a name I’ve not seen, what’s Lee bowyer doing these days?
Funnily enough there was an article about him in The Times a few weeks ago. He’s currently managing Montserrat.