Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 105 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 84 21.3%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 50 12.7%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 37 9.4%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.6%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.5%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 57 14.5%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 48 12.2%

• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This isn't a slight on Rosenior but they didn't look like a group of players with the same spirit as us. They were neat and tidy but a few of them seemed to do their own thing - the Liverpool lad especially and Delap looked miles off it. We won it because collectively we wanted it more than they did. If you put that spirit into their style it could be pretty good.

I think we got into their faces, closed them down and put them off kilter. Generally over the season Hull have been good.

Argyologist

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 4, 2012
LR really does present an interesting recruitment opportunity. What makes it such a good fit is that I genuinely think we are the right club for him - at least in terms of the current available jobs.

I don't think Sunderland will be an issue - I cant see how they could 'sell' Hull's sacked manager to their fans. Even taking into account recent league standings etc.

I'd be more worried about Birmingham with their US investment etc but ultimately being in the Championship not trying to get back into it should make us more attractive.

Everyone else in between us and Hull have either recently appointed or are in pretty secure situations with Managers except maybe Preston and I still think we are a more interesting long term proposition than them...

Rosenior will already understand the project opportunity that we present.

Strange as it sounds we are not appointing a Manager to get us promoted we are appointing someone who can gradually make us and our players better over time. He wont get that evolution opportunity at many (if any) other clubs.

The other advantage in our favour is that if he were to hedge his bets have the summer off and wait for the first round of managerial sackings in say September you are already working with someone else's signings till January and coming in with a long gap to a window isn't easy.

In many ways us appointing right now is massively to our advantage. The incoming manager has complete free reign on signings and retention as well as a full pre season to work with to get their message across.

Then lastly, what a game last weekend to showcase how good Argyle on and off the field can actually be...

Funny old game isn't it and lets all not forget to thank Super Joe for allowing us to be even having this discussion regarding a Championship Manager of the Year contender. :)

Aug 22, 2006
I’m partial to a bit of contrarianism, but I’m sorry, this is too far, Gareth Ainsworth’s football is honking.
Hang on a minute. Weren't you a fan of Steve tax-man Evans and i've heard you also took a liking to Karl Robinson in recent weeks!?? :LOL:
Yet Ainsworth's football is not up to your standard?

Deary deary me...

Aug 22, 2006
We nearly went down... and it would have been mostly down to lack of attacking options off the bench, the opposite to the options we had in league 1 which is a tier considerably lower in standards.

So how on earth can we afford Liam Rosenior as our new head coach? If we couldn't even bring in a third striker in the last 12 months? Baffling. Rosenior is a top chap, his father you should all know from back in the day.... BUT i'd be amazed if we match his amibitions going forward...

If we can't get Pearson or a young assistant coach in that ticks the boxes Get a really influential top bloke in like Gareth Ainsworth. Really loyal and solid with the players (forget qpr they are a bunch of prima donnas) has always batted above in terms of squad size and budgets and whilst the urban myth about dire football is floating about due to our inability to score first against them in about 6 fixtures, gareth used to love high scoring matches... proof in the past.... However sadly the abuse and negativity towards him by most of you football gurus out there will put him off.

Well done. I expect a high end alternative... pressure on all of you to deliver....

Aug 22, 2006
I’d be delighted with Steven Naismith, I’ve got no idea what sort of money he’s on at Hearts though.
On what basis? Totally bizarre. Do you know his style of football? I know you hate the Ainsworth's of this world? Presumably Naismith is gung ho fantastic brazil? In the scottish leagues!!

Reactions: coolswampy
Aug 22, 2006
Ainsworth and Gillingham would fit like a glove.
Ainsworth is an exceptional man manager... failed at QPR because those players are idiots. Prima donnas. But our lot would have loved him. He was outstanding at Wycombe but unfortunately your ilk would have put him off... so we have to cross him out because of the brains of pasoti. A round of applause....

Reactions: coolswampy

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
We nearly went down... and it would have been mostly down to lack of attacking options off the bench, the opposite to the options we had in league 1 which is a tier considerably lower in standards.

So how on earth can we afford Liam Rosenior as our new head coach? If we couldn't even bring in a third striker in the last 12 months? Baffling. Rosenior is a top chap, his father you should all know from back in the day.... BUT i'd be amazed if we match his amibitions going forward...

If we can't get Pearson or a young assistant coach in that ticks the boxes Get a really influential top bloke in like Gareth Ainsworth. Really loyal and solid with the players (forget qpr they are a bunch of prima donnas) has always batted above in terms of squad size and budgets and whilst the urban myth about dire football is floating about due to our inability to score first against them in about 6 fixtures, gareth used to love high scoring matches... proof in the past.... However sadly the abuse and negativity towards him by most of you football gurus out there will put him off.

Well done. I expect a high end alternative... pressure on all of you to deliver....

We failed to bring a striker in because we had all our eggs in one basket in the Summer with Middlesbrough and Coburn then the club in January didn’t feel like we needed another striker

Aug 22, 2006
We failed to bring a striker in because we had all our eggs in one basket in the Summer with Middlesbrough and Coburn then the club in January didn’t feel like we needed another striker
Exactly. Wow. What a huge risk, especially in January to pull it off! We can't do it 2 seasons running though. I actually think it's one of the football league's strangest moments. Had we gone down most statitionists would have looked at our fire power / forward options and thought "why did they rely on just two strikers all season...?" Incredible stuff.

May 18, 2022
I'd imagine so, hence the head coach and dewsnip position...
Dewsnip identifies players to fit the system head coach does his bit. As your probably already aware
Time for dewsnip to get ta f. and step away from this I'll be in charge sernario . And let the new manager/coach what ever they do. argyle have to let who ever comes in let him have free reigns . And not to be restricted

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
Time for dewsnip to get ta f. and step away from this I'll be in charge sernario . And let the new manager/coach what ever they do. argyle have to let who ever comes in let him have free reigns . And not to be restricted
Head coach will never have full reigns. The idea of DOF is that they decide targets to meet clubs philosophy so that this never changes and when head coach leaves we are not left with loads of players signed by him to match his philosophy, we are left with players who are part of clubs philosophy.
If that makes sense