Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 111 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 84 21.2%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 50 12.6%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 39 9.8%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.5%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 54 13.6%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 57 14.4%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 48 12.1%

• Total voters
Oct 19, 2021
The joys of football. Some just don't see LR as anything special, for me he ticks all the boxes and a whole lot more that weren't even thought of. Then there's Antony Barry, some read and post his CV on here and only see great things and yet for me it's so unimpressive I just don't see the hype.

All good fun!
He is assistant manager at one of the top five biggest clubs in the world so he has some serious pedigree. Obviously it’s always impossible to know how an assistant will get on being the main man though.

Jul 29, 2012
I don’t think it’s a necessity to have managed / lead coached in the Championship but if not they should have successfully managed / lead coached for a L1 or L2 club .

With McKenna , he was clearly a good coach but he had a free hit for the first half season in L1 to cut his teeth - he already had a decent side ( Morsy and Chaplin and others were already there ) plus he had bags of money to strengthen.

It’s possible that someone like Barry could make the jump as he’s coached at a high level but it’s a risk .

The risk with LR is whether he can work on a restricted budget . However he would be a strong candidate .

Skubala is the obvious candidate from L1 but that won’t be easy - Lincoln aren’t as big as us obviously but they have just secured their own 7 figure investment from America . There are other decent coaches in L1 but it may be a bit early for them .

We have to accept that whoever is appointed, if they do well will be a target for bigger clubs .

Reactions: MustardEagle

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The joys of football. Some just don't see LR as anything special, for me he ticks all the boxes and a whole lot more that weren't even thought of. Then there's Antony Barry, some read and post his CV on here and only see great things and yet for me it's so unimpressive I just don't see the hype.

All good fun!
Barry is very active and vocal alongside Tuchel tonight in the Bernabeu. The fact that Bayern paid Chelsea 1 million to secure him from Chelsea must say something about his credentials. He is rated as the best set piece coach in the game by many. That's something we desperately need to improve. He very much had the respect of some of the finest players in the game as their coach. If that's unimpressive to you so be it.

Oct 10, 2018
Well I like the idea of Liam but still sticking with my first two ever shout, Shaun Maloney or Des Buckingham if Oxford fail to win play offs.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
I don’t think it’s a necessity to have managed / lead coached in the Championship but if not they should have successfully managed / lead coached for a L1 or L2 club .

With McKenna , he was clearly a good coach but he had a free hit for the first half season in L1 to cut his teeth - he already had a decent side ( Morsy and Chaplin and others were already there ) plus he had bags of money to strengthen.

It’s possible that someone like Barry could make the jump as he’s coached at a high level but it’s a risk .

The risk with LR is whether he can work on a restricted budget . However he would be a strong candidate .

Skubala is the obvious candidate from L1 but that won’t be easy - Lincoln aren’t as big as us obviously but they have just secured their own 7 figure investment from America . There are other decent coaches in L1 but it may be a bit early for them .

We have to accept that whoever is appointed, if they do well will be a target for bigger clubs .
I don't think the budget will be 'that' restricted tbh. We'll have more money to play with