Who will go down? | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who will go down?

Bottom two

• Sheffield Wednesday

• Huddersfield Town

• Birmingham City

• Plymouth Argyle

• Blackburn Rovers

• Queens Park Rangers

• Stoke City

• Millwall

Results are only viewable after voting.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I honestly can't see us getting another point unless Hull turn up sub strength and unmotivated with nothing to play for.
I believe our fate depends on Birmingham not winning at Huddersfield on Saturday.
Why I'm forecasting I don't know because this division has thrown up crazy results almost every week.
I think we are currently and post New Year unquestionably one of the weakest three sides, not through lack of effort but simply because we don't have sufficient players of the required standard for this level.
It has been a bit of an eye opener for me, just how tough this division is compared to League 1 and we have to pull this off somehow and benefit from the extra income and off field projects or the gap is going to be even bigger next time.
Further investment is key as well.

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
'bleak' ?!? Ignoring the doom and gloom and 'bleddy Argo' factor for a minute.
The Opta stats gives us a 7.5% chance of relegation, the bookies have us at 8/1 for relegation. Our chances of avoiding the drop are most definitely not bleak. The sun is yellow by the way.
Big news if true!

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I prefer my own opinion to stats. Everton had 24% possession last night. What I see is a team below the standard required that has also run out of steam. I will be over the moon, ecstatic and amazed if we pull off the great escape. Even Houdini would be impressed!
It’s not a great escape either. We’ve not been in the relegation zone all season, so we aren’t escaping from anything. It would be a great collapse if we do get relegated.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
If you're all so convinced we're going down, there's easy money to be had at 8/1. They are reassuringly high odds, doesn't mean we're not going to go down but does show we're looking at this through understandably pessimistic goggles.

I'm just pretending we lost to Leicester and beat Stoke, things feel a lot better then :ROFLMAO:

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
If you're all so convinced we're going down, there's easy money to be had at 8/1. They are reassuringly high odds, doesn't mean we're not going to go down but does show we're looking at this through understandably pessimistic goggles.

I'm just pretending we lost to Leicester and beat Stoke, things feel a lot better then :ROFLMAO:
Great comment!!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Against Leicester, Forshaw was the big difference.
Over the past two seasons, except when Matete came on loan we are weak/open in central midfield. With better players, would be nice, but I think we need an extra body in there.
In L1 our attacking prowess shone through and got us out of trouble, with the better quality teams in the championship the same good players of course will find it harder.
Defence has got better this season IMHO. Shame the bad management choice shot ourselves in the foot, but even our great board sent perfect.
All in all whatever league we are in I be supporting our team still feeling blessed that the general state of the club is in very good shape.
Can you check your PMs please Biggy?

Jan 4, 2016
To use the vernacular 'this is doing m,y head in'! Keep on thinking we need total application and spirit and we seem to have a bunch of snowflakes. I know it is not the case and they are professionals, giving their all.....it just doesn't seem like it. Hope I'm wrong but I don't see any points in the next two games☹️

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
To use the vernacular 'this is doing m,y head in'! Keep on thinking we need total application and spirit and we seem to have a bunch of snowflakes. I know it is not the case and they are professionals, giving their all.....it just doesn't seem like it. Hope I'm wrong but I don't see any points in the next two games☹️

Really???

The players have bust a gut to get 7 points from the last four games, it seems an astonishing comment to say they're not giving their all after one incredibly poor half of football.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Get your phone cams ready at the final whistle on Saturday. Jubilant scenes ahead. 😀

• Love
Reactions: pafc jack

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Really???

The players have bust a gut to get 7 points from the last four games, it seems an astonishing comment to say they're not giving their all after one incredibly poor half of football.
I would agree they are giving their all. The problem I see is that 'their all' isn't nearly good enough. We are so dependent on the way the opposition play. Any sign of physicality and aggression, be it a high press or firm one to one challenges, we struggle. And several times a positive result has masked some underlying issues, poor ball retention being a key one.

Reactions: oldage
Mar 24, 2019
As a gambling man I’ve had to have a flutter on us going down …looking at the remaining fixtures I’ve convinced myself we’re gone and 8/1 in my mind is way overpriced….it goes without saying it’s a bet I’m desperate to lose

• Snore
Reactions: Hargyle and Penlee
Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
'bleak' ?!? Ignoring the doom and gloom and 'bleddy Argo' factor for a minute.
The Opta stats gives us a 7.5% chance of relegation, the bookies have us at 8/1 for relegation. Our chances of avoiding the drop are most definitely not bleak. The sun is yellow by the way.
Very dangerous to ignore the 'bleddy Argo' factor. Certainly part of the reason the bookies have us at such long odds - they don't know what we're capable of! 😅

Reactions: Mat

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
I would agree they are giving their all. The problem I see is that 'their all' isn't nearly good enough. We are so dependent on the way the opposition play. Any sign of physicality and aggression, be it a high press or firm one to one challenges, we struggle. And several times a positive result has masked some underlying issues, poor ball retention being a key one.
The wages from League One last year are quite telling on this point, even if Argyle's total has doubled since that time it's still less than Ipswich spent to get into the Championship.

The correlation between wage bills and league positions seems to be pretty strong in this division, so there was always going to be an Everest look about survival.