Why they haven’t reduced season ticket prices | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Why they haven’t reduced season ticket prices

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Presto":1mbvgofg said:
The last thing I want at the age of 75 is a freebie shirt. I will leave that "fashion statement" to the teenie fans. Anyway surprisingly fans come in different sizes - some would have shirts down to their ankles and some above their chests!
What a stupid idea.

Well I'm 67 and I wear a shirt to games. Guess it's a generational thing Presto?? ;)
I bought a ST early doors and I bought a new shirt as soon as Dadams had gone, cos I sort of promised I would.
If my ST still appears 'fair' after any reduction then fine, keep the money.
If there is a substantial drop then I would welcome a 'contribution' to an away shirt (don't want two home shirts!).
As to sizing? easypeasy, just issue a voucher for part exchange in the club shop.
I'm not a marquee signing but I do wear a marquee sized shirt!! :scarf:

Mar 23, 2019
Shankster":1r1pl10s said:
swendies":1r1pl10s said:
A free home shirt would be reward for all Early Bird takers, save reducing prices and easy to sort out.
Grown men and women in replica tops? Eaaawwwwwwww

Yeah i find adults wearing them very bizarre as well!

And replying to the OP, I can't believe they haven't been reduced... it's literally absurd

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Action Jackson":3ompyp6h said:
Shankster":3ompyp6h said:
swendies":3ompyp6h said:
A free home shirt would be reward for all Early Bird takers, save reducing prices and easy to sort out.
Grown men and women in replica tops? Eaaawwwwwwww

Yeah i find adults wearing them very bizarre as well!

And replying to the OP, I can't believe they haven't been reduced... it's literally absurd

No problem with people wearing replica shirts (mostly because I do), what I struggle with is the old chap (65+) who sits near me in full replica kit (shorts and socks included!)

Back to the subject at hand, it's been said they're selling at the same rate as last year so there's no motivation to reduce the prices, and even if they did it would have to be to those who took the early bird too otherwise there would be more complaints.

And we know how much Janners love complaining.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Action Jackson":3hy5ml1h said:

No, it really isn't.

May 16, 2016
Action Jackson":2sr1oeux said:
£441 for a Season Ticket in League Two... Hang your heads in shame

I'm begining to get the impression you're not happy with the price of next Seasons Season Tickets.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Action Jackson":13vtfwmg said:
Frank_Butcher":13vtfwmg said:
Action Jackson":13vtfwmg said:

No, it really isn't.

We have the highest priced tickets in League 1 and 2.

Yes, it is.

Nope. It’s economics. Prices will not be reduced unless there is a significant shortfall of renewals/ new business. The club will know the threshold at which they will have to act. The fact that so many have already been sold means that any discounting will be done in a creative way such as half-season tickets or variations on the flexi deal. But if the threshold isn’t reached It won’t happen at all.

So no, it really isn’t.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
They haven't reduced the season tickets because lower league football won't necessarily translate into lower costs. New players have to be attracted to the Club and the new manager will want some sort of kitty for this. Although I have no information on this I also assume Derek Adams will have to be paid some sort of settlement. Lastly as anyone who has seen a football club from the inside knows the bills keep coming in 365 days a year and unless you have a board with very deep and generous pockets, you need income to pay them. For most clubs season ticket sales are a vital source of funds.

J

JamieY

Action Jackson":e4qqo31h said:
Frank_Butcher":e4qqo31h said:
Action Jackson":e4qqo31h said:

No, it really isn't.

Yes, it is.

No we don't.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Action Jackson":81lwtr20 said:

The next team to us geographically charge £460 for this

5bd1ec9e4be65.jpg

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Dorset Pilgrim":3v4rnza4 said:
They haven't reduced the season tickets because lower league football won't necessarily translate into lower costs. New players have to be attracted to the Club and the new manager will want some sort of kitty for this. Although I have no information on this I also assume Derek Adams will have to be paid some sort of settlement. Lastly as anyone who has seen a football club from the inside knows the bills keep coming in 365 days a year and unless you have a board with very deep and generous pockets, you need income to pay them. For most clubs season ticket sales are a vital source of funds.

SH is paying the settlement fees

May 7, 2015
PMPilgrim":1oq2ihvm said:
1. It’s probably harder to get out of league 2 than stay in league 1 so a bigger budget will be needed.

2. If we are top at Xmas playing free flowing football we’d regularly get 15000 once the new stand is open.

3. I pay my money to watch Argyle not the opposition.

Seems a fair price for what I expect next season - a promotion challenge.

You can't really attach expectations to your money. Your only expectation can be that you will have your seat guaranteed to watch whatever is put in front of you.

Will you still deem it a fair price if Argyle don't perform or fail to meet your expectation of a promotion challenge?

Personally I'm gritting my teeth and renewing in spite of the price but do feel resentful when I am paying more for a lower level of football, and Parkinson is coming out with talk about things like family awards and having nice facilities to substantiate it.. even he looked awkward and uncomfortable when he was talking, probably knowing it's a rip off!

I know it is a business, but how can they expect to charge some of the highest fees, when we are in an area with below average pay?
For me if it keeps increasing I won't be able to continue. Not because I don't want to but it isn't sustainable.
Whilst prices of everything keep rising, my wage hasn't increased in 5 years. Added onto that the 0% interest option has gone, it all adds up. When money is limited, leisure is obviously the first thing that has to go if the figures don't work. :sad:
If people refused to pay the increased amount they would have changed their mind, but as with most issues in Britain we go along with it whilst grumbling because we know everyone else will do the same, and ultimately we do want to be there regardless.

I just hope the club don't push a very loyal core fanbase too far.