Work on the stand? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Work on the stand?

Jul 14, 2008
BradCobbs":2mqfsg9l said:
https://tinyurl.com/y6lssvd2

The green guide was updated in November.

The comment from Jon B would suggest that he and Argyle weren’t aware of this change but hopefully they are now. Spurs haven’t taken a punt as they know that rail seating is allowed and can be used as long as it’s not advertised as a standing area. In reality it’s about making seating areas safer which can only be a good thing. I’m not sure that the Mayflower is the best place for rail seating but if we could convert some or all of the Devonport to rail seating then that would be amazing. Perhaps the existing Devonport seats could then be used in the mayflower if new ones haven’t been ordered already?

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Lots of progress being made on the new lower terrace of the Mayflower by the look of things on Webcam 3 - that’s a considerably steeper angle of bank too! :thumbup:

pafc cobbie08

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Herts_Green":1izemkv2 said:
BradCobbs":1izemkv2 said:

The comment from Jon B would suggest that he and Argyle weren’t aware of this change but hopefully they are now. Spurs haven’t taken a punt as they know that rail seating is allowed and can be used as long as it’s not advertised as a standing area. In reality it’s about making seating areas safer which can only be a good thing. I’m not sure that the Mayflower is the best place for rail seating but if we could convert some or all of the Devonport to rail seating then that would be amazing. Perhaps the existing Devonport seats could then be used in the mayflower if new ones haven’t been ordered already?

I completely agree, would love to see it implemented in the Devonport end, block 1,2,3 whole end would be rocking every game.
Just would make sense to do it now while we're under construction rather than later.
Would love for Argyle to take a lead on it, rather than their current approach to standing.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
BradCobbs":1h1m3qd8 said:

I don't see the point of rail seats which are not locked. I thought the main point of them was that you locked them in one of two positions according to required usage, thus enforcing seating or standing.

May 5, 2006
Argylegames":1y459esr said:
BradCobbs":1y459esr said:

I don't see the point of rail seats which are not locked. I thought the main point of them was that you locked them in one of two positions according to required usage, thus enforcing seating or standing.

All the other seats in the horseshoe are not locked, this will be no different, but with a rail to make it safer when people do stand up.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Having attended the SGSA briefing on this issue last week the position is very clear :)

Rail seats can only be installed for use in stadia where standing is allowed - hence the standard for rail seats (& standing barriers) being included in the heavily revised v6 of the Green Guide. Hopefully this will be changed by the Home Office later this year, but currently there is no indication when/if this will be the case.

Spurs will not be allowed to open WHL at 100% capacity for some time - there is likely to be an incremental increase through test events & on a match by match basis as safety systems are proved - so they took the decision to install rail seats on the informed hope that they will be able to use them by - or near to - the time that the stadium is signed off as being allowed to operate at full capacity.

If the position on 'safe standing' isn't changed by then, Spurs are fully aware that they will not be able to use that area in the ground until the necessary legislative / regulatory position changes.

pafc cobbie08

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Nice to see that rail seated area at Spurs in use...
Everyone behind that huge single tier stood. But have safety barriers to enhance safety.
Even rail seats in the away end.
Don’t see why we can’t do it.