worrying League 1 results | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

worrying League 1 results

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
I see BG's concerns and it kind of reflects my unease. A few months ago we were in the upper reaches of the table with game(s) in hand, We are now mid table having played more games than 15 other teams in the division. Incredibly we are 7 points behind Accrington and they have 4 games in hand!

Yes, teams will not win all the games in hand but if a few start winning, like the unlikely wins Burton and Swindon achieved today, then the table can change quite quickly.

There you go caribou, does that answer your question on how to put a damper on a good footballing weekend? :cool: :D

Jul 18, 2011
If we collect points at the same rate as now, by the end of the season we will be fine. We have had a bad run, many other teams will do so before the end.

Dec 30, 2020
Abbotts Ann Green":1kps0khe said:
If we collect points at the same rate as now, by the end of the season we will be fine. We have had a bad run, many other teams will do so before the end.

Our points per game rate over the season so far equates to about 57 points, comfortably enough to stay up. But this ignores quite a few important considerations:

- Our more recent form over the season, isn't so good. Looking at, say, the last 10 games, gives an average of less than a point per game that would see us down for sure. We'd better hope this was a run of poor form/difficult games rather than something more serious

- we've played more home games (nearly 2 points per game) than away (about 0.3 points per game). If you extrapolate points for the season on this basis, we end up around 52... Much too close for comfort.

- We've already played 8 of the 11 other teams in the bottom half of the table at home. Most of our easiest games, where you'd expect us to rack up the points to keep us safe, are gone.

I fear it is going to be a lot tighter than a quick glance at the league table would currently suggest.

Aug 8, 2014
Would agree to be worried by the Swindon and Burton results for sure.
We still concede lots of goals and the way we are set up that's unlikely to change. Another worry is the strength in depth, or distanct lack of, up front. There is NO goal threat from Telford or Frank..... We definitely need another forward option from the bench

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I agree that I canā€™t see Nouble as a goal threat but Telford really hasnā€™t had a chance this season. He rarely comes on for more than 10 or 15 minutes but often gets into scoring positions.
Iā€™m not saying he should replace Jephcott or Hardie but I would like to see him on before Nouble. (He can come on for 5 minutes to protect our lead by retaining the ball by the corner flag).

Ray Stidwell

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Not quite, with the 23/1 match at MK being postponed for the FACup, leaving 2 Home & 2 Away in January, as the fixtures stand.
However thatā€™s not to detract from your point that we have a big imbalance of away fixtures; after Saturdayā€™s home match v Crewe we would have played 4 away games less......9/23 cf: 13/23.

A lot of travelling coming up, along with a need to start getting some away league wins....

...... for what itā€™s worth, my Mackem mate says dolefully that theyā€™re good at helping out visitors with cr#p away form.