Youngsters or stick v Sunderland | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Youngsters or stick v Sunderland

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I'm sure that the youngsters would be more mobile and put in more effort than a stick.
We've had players in the past who wouldn't! :lol:

I think go as normal but a bit more game time to Lolos and whoever else can hack the level. :scarf:

Dec 30, 2020
Has a team in our circumstances ever been punished for fielding a so-called weakened team (if we've got contracted players who would 'weaken' the team, why did we sign them up and pay them a wage in the first place)?

I can't see how it could be enforced if we just said the dropped player was injured or their replacement had looked sharper in training. We've lost 4 out of our last 5 games, so can hardly be criticised for changing the line up.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
jimsing":1dsgal69 said:
justanotherfan":1dsgal69 said:
No matter how badly the first team have performed this season, surely we have a duty to the other teams chasing play off spots to play our strongest 11.

Correct, and if we don't, and cannot justify doing so, the EFL can and would penalise the Club for putting out a weakened side against a Club vying for promotion via the play-offs.

Yeah because that would happen....

Feb 4, 2011
cornwall
Sunderland played a weakened team at Southend to save players for the play offs, the result they had there sent us down as we got the result we needed at home.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Struggling to give a toss with this team knowing it’s all coming to an end with nothing to really fight for.

I’m more interested in next season now after the loans return back to there clubs and we have a good clear out.

Dec 3, 2005
justanotherfan":2j6p1wgi said:
No matter how badly the first team have performed this season, surely we have a duty to the other teams chasing play off spots to play our strongest 11.

After 44 games do we actually know or even have a strongest team?

Jul 6, 2011
djg145":1r4xp7qi said:
justanotherfan":1r4xp7qi said:

After 44 games do we actually know or even have a strongest team?

I wondered that.
People say the youngsters, but most of those loanies are youngsters who at the beginning of the season had no more or in the case of Adam Randell even less match day experience.
I personally would have no problem playing Tomlinson as long as he had a bit of experience next him (sawyer or aimson) and frankly Opoku hasn't exactly covered himself in glory. For me a fits n starts player who needs a lot more consistency in his game.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
yashin":x8r2jcs6 said:
Sunderland played a weakened team at Southend to save players for the play offs, the result they had there sent us down as we got the result we needed at home.
Exactly. Let's hope we can put a dent in their chances of going up, although they've got Northampton at home in their last match which should give them the points to confirm the play off spot.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Cooper

Edwards
Aimson
Woods
Law

Fornah
Grant

Camara
Mayor

Ennis
Lolos

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
RKB":114einzb said:
Cooper

Edwards
Aimson
Woods
Law

Fornah
Grant

Camara
Mayor

Ennis
Lolos

Same but Hardie for Lolos

Oct 5, 2013
jimsing":nmqk6vq0 said:
justanotherfan":nmqk6vq0 said:

Correct, and if we don't, and cannot justify doing so, the EFL can and would penalise the Club for putting out a weakened side against a Club vying for promotion via the play-offs.

Understand the point but not sure I agree.
Is it not correct that the club can put out whatever team it chooses, provided all those picked are in the first-team squad?

Oct 5, 2013
Don't know if this is still the rule, but just found this article from 2018:

“Lower-league clubs face punishment if they rest 10 or more players during matches towards the end of the season following a toughening of rules on fielding weakened teams.
English Football League sides have agreed a definition of what constituted a full-strength line-up after Huddersfield Town made 10 changes for their fixture at Birmingham City in the closing weeks of last term.
EFL Regulation 24 already states that clubs are required to play 'full strength' teams in all matches 'unless some satisfactory reason is given'.”