Your favourite Argyle picture.. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your favourite Argyle picture..

Jul 24, 2006
Plymouth
I can't find it but mine is a pic of Mickey Evans scoring with about 3 defenders in heaps on the floor.

I think it was from the 01/02 promotion season.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Andy_Symons":lx8nirog said:
I can't find the image online, but my favourite image is of Garry Nelson wheeling away with his arm in the air after scoring against Bristol City in the game that secured promotion under Dave Smith. Considering the illness he was carrying, it was a fabulous strike (in fact it would have been a fabulous strike if he was in full health), and the sheer joy on his face was something which has stuck with me since I first saw the photo.

What a night that was!

the one in Dave Smith's Promotion Diary?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Andrew Owen":1ppws768 said:
argcolc.jpg

Blurry pic taken with disposable cam. Argyle v Colchester 2004. The pink-ish splodge just next to the white arch is the players throwing champagne over each other.

I was able to be on the pitch during those medal presentations. I was standing on the centre-circle as the players came out to get their medals and then I walked around behind the players/management taking in the atmosphere. My strongest memory of that moment was the noise that the medals made when the guy carrying them walked out and past me. He had them all draped over his arm and as he walked along they made a really distinctively "heavy" clinking sound. This was back in the days when I wrote the match reports for the club website and Steve Hill invited me down on to the pitch (I also got to see the trophy close-up before the game). Sadly, I have not seen one picture or video clip from that day that shows me in the background somewhere (not that it really matters) - until now that is (even though I can't work out which dark blob is actually me).

Dec 3, 2005
tonycholwell":2ogo7biz said:
Frank_Butcher":2ogo7biz said:
Liffrok":2ogo7biz said:
The pre-match huddle at Bramall Lane, 24 November 2007.

Larrieu; Connolly, Doumbe, Seip, Hodges; Halmosi, Nalis, Norris, Martin; Hayles, Ebanks-Blake.

We won 1-0, thanks to a Halmosi goal, and ended the day in fourth place.

Jeez - less than 3 years ago ...

Kidz innit :)

I may be wrong here but I have the feeling Frank was on about how far we have fallen, in 3 years!!

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Marino Keith kissing David Friio on the cheek while he was in tears in 2004.

I remember seeing it on here ages ago as an avatar, think it was SMIAL. It captured how much it meant to them.

Mar 7, 2009
Argyle_4_Life":1cfyy8n6 said:

I remember seeing it on here ages ago as an avatar, think it was SMIAL. It captured how much it meant to them.

This one!

I wanted to post this originally, but couldn't find it anywhere!

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
pontypoolgreen":3ea27ive said:
pilgrim_pete":3ea27ive said:
Argyle_4_Life":3ea27ive said:

This one!

I wanted to post this originally, but couldn't find it anywhere!

Great photo that...

Great pic.