Your thoughts on iFollow so far? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your thoughts on iFollow so far?

How has iFollow performed so far?

Votes: 5 6.5%

Votes: 7 9.1%

Votes: 15 19.5%

Votes: 21 27.3%

Votes: 12 15.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 7.8%

Votes: 6 7.8%

Votes: 2 2.6%

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
P

plymouthjoe

I have watched 3 games now involving Argyle and each one was almost fautless. Good picture, very little audio problems, good replays of various actions, so awarded a 10. Great value for £10.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
I gave it 5/10.

The video I’ve watched has been brilliant. Good picture and commentary.
The audio, for which I have a subscription, was awful, constantly dropping out.

Jul 18, 2011
So far I’ve watched four games (was busy yesterday) and it has been very good for all of them. I watch it on an iPad, I did try to cast from that to my smart TV but I suspect the iPad is too old so it didn’t work.

Vey satisfied so far, and I’m also helping the club by providing income. In past seasons I’ve pretty much only ever been to away games when the club get nothing so depending upon the way Covid goes I’m looking forwards to providing welcome cash for the club for as long as possible.

Dec 16, 2004
I have watched about 20 Ifollow matches and have had a pretty much flawless experience.

I don't have anything special, 5 year old Dell desktop, EE broadband ( use WiFi) average 30 MBS. Very occasionally need to come out and log back in ( literally once or twice).

I do clear cache and restart PC before loading up Ifollow to give as clean environment as possible. For me it's excellent and good value for money.

Can't see how it can work so well for so many and not at all for others.

Strange!

Dec 9, 2012
Saturday v AFC was my first use of ifollow. One reason for using it is that - I believe -Argyle earn momey from it.

I paid my £10 at around 2.45pm, and was pretty happy with the package. The commentary dropped out on a couple of occasions for a few seconds, but was otherwise OK.

One annoyance was that the near touchline was not visible - rather strange considering that Loftus Road is hardly some obscure non league ground.

I will definitely use it again. In normal times I would prbably get to maybe ten games a season. Ironically, I could see Argyle more than that this season, without actually going to the ground!

This could be a great earner for Argyle. I really hope it works and any issues are resolved.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Emu":3dclvw11 said:
I notice that Colchester have been informing the fans of how many ifollow passes they have sold.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/septemb ... statement/

Would make interesting reading to know what type of numbers we are talking about for Argyle's ifollow platform.

That's interesting and one of the first clubs to reveal its iFollow viewing figures.
The clubs with a large fanbase will benefit from iFollow but the clubs with a smaller fanbase will struggle. I suppose that's the same as if the stadiums were open as normal.

LarryBignell

✅ Evergreen
Jul 4, 2011
I have watched 3 games on iFollow and enjoyed the coverage

It is very useful for fans who, normally, cannot get to a match, it is also good to support the club as Argyle get money from the £10.

supporters will Not be allowed for some while, so Argyle will depend on iFollow contributions for some while.

May 30, 2019
For me I follow works very well with minor teething problems only.
Will be interested to see viewing figures. My initial view was that argyle would/could make as much from this as through the turnstiles and I still think this is the case.

Jul 12, 2004
I had only used ifollow once before this season - for the Macclesfield match and not impressed.

The four that I have logged into this season have, generally, been okay so gave them an eight. I never give a ten to anything. I would have attended those four matches (not the Micky Mouse Trophy) and it would have cost me well over £150 so not worried about the tenner a match.

Jul 12, 2004
I had only used ifollow once before this season - for the Macclesfield match and not impressed.

The four that I have logged into this season have, generally, been okay so gave them an eight. I never give a ten to anything. I would have attended those four matches (not the Micky Mouse Trophy) and it would have cost me well over £150 so not worried about the tenner a match.

Jun 27, 2019
On the money front, I've watched three games so far so have paid £30. I would normally only have actually gone to the Blackpool game, which would have given the club around £40 in tickets for myself and my boys and maybe a drink or two.

By the time iFollow take their cut and assuming we don't get much out of away game streaming, Argyle will be quite a bit down on what they'd usually get from me. So far anyway.

Feb 21, 2011
PL2 3DQ":js69olna said:
Four matches played plus the joke cup so how has iFollow performed so far?
Is it worth £10 a game or £17 if you're a season ticket holder?
Marks out of 10 please.
question, does the season ticket holders ifollow code only work for games that would normally be covered by the season ticket e.g. Home league fixtures ?

Jun 7, 2006
Personally it has worked well generally and the picture has been good. One issue with the sound in one game. I am happy to pay the £10 as I know some of the money is going to the club. I would therefore rather pay £10 a week to ifollow than pay it for sky sports. I do think some people are blaming it for issues with their own hardware and internet connection.