You're giving the pre match team talk. What do you say? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

You're giving the pre match team talk. What do you say?

Tappy1

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Sep 21, 2005
Plymouth
For such an important game what do you say? There is a need to get them fired up but without adding too much pressure. The players will be very aware of the importance and reminding them will likely make them more tense.
I think I would keep it simple. Remind them that they are champions and champions are winners. Remind them that they have shown this season they can beat the best there is (Leicester) and that there will be 16,000 plus including family and friends absolutely rooting for them. The green army is on their side fighting with them. Finally I would tell them to enjoy it. Playing in sold out stadiums is what they dream of doing and there are many, many people who would love to be pulling on that shirt and playing today.
I'm sure Neil and Nance have thought long and hard about what they will say and most of the chats/work would have taken place on the training pitch. Getting the message right will be so important but what would you say?

May 28, 2015
Yeah I don’t really think an awful lot needs to be said. The game speaks for itself and the players know what’s at stake. Would expect the team talk to be mostly tactical I don’t really think the players need reminding how much pressure is on the game. Anything else said should be and needs to be positive. No point reminding them of what could happen if a lose as it just adds more pressure and could make them more nervous

Graham Green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
May 26, 2010
Swindon
The art of management eh? Last year was a steady progressive success and didn't have the all or nothing pressure of tomorrow. When it comes to one offs , Wembley x 2, MK Dons 2 seasons ago for instance they didn't turn up. Do you try and keep it relaxed and "treat it like another game" or wind 'em up like their career depended on it and the tension freezes them? Mind you if they don't get the occassion by themselves they shouldn't be pulling on a Green shirt.
That's where the best Managers judge each players mood and say the right things to them.

Feb 13, 2021
Go out there, win the match, enjoy your parade around the pitch after the match and look forward to a well earned summer holiday

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
You know you are very much capable
Keep focused
Your team mates will look after you
Just don't lose your head if a situation goes against you