Zak Rudden's 'Hand of God'... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Rudden's 'Hand of God'...

Aug 5, 2016
gaspargomez":4e4k310n said:
Rudden was lucky not to get sent off. He should have got a bollocking from Lowe for doing that.

Argyle may have scored as a result of his cheating, but it could have backfired badly. Amazing how the referee missed that- it was about as blatant as a handball could be. No wonder the Orient fans were fuming !

It wasn't a deliberate handball, so a red card would have been very unlikely.

Jan 27, 2012
I think it was deliberate.

Like all professional footballers, Rudden will have good co-ordination and spatial awareness. He knew exactly what he was doing. Its not like he was being pushed from behind or it was a defelection. It looks like he reaches up and punches the ball at the goal.

Lucky he didnt have an early bath.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knibbsworth":1t4q04mq said:
gaspargomez":1t4q04mq said:
Rudden was lucky not to get sent off. He should have got a bollocking from Lowe for doing that.

Argyle may have scored as a result of his cheating, but it could have backfired badly. Amazing how the referee missed that- it was about as blatant as a handball could be. No wonder the Orient fans were fuming !

I think it would be a bit of an exageration to say it not a deliberate handball. If that were the case he would have scored with a header, surely?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
gaspargomez":7jgw859t said:
I think it was deliberate.

Like all professional footballers, Rudden will have good co-ordination and spatial awareness. He knew exactly what he was doing. Its not like he was being pushed from behind or it was a defelection. It looks like he reaches up and punches the ball at the goal.

Lucky he didnt have an early bath.

Deliberate handballs don’t result in red cards unless they deny a certain goal, that’s my understanding anyway, correct me if wrong.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
First, I am quite happy that the officials missed it.

However, if they had seen it, it would have seemed reasonable to send him off.
Regardless of whether it was Argyle or not, if a defender can be sent off for preventing a goal it would seem reasonable for an attacker to be sent off when scoring, or assisting, a goal.

Jul 12, 2016
Rudden "scored "with his hand which at worst is unsporting behaviour warranting a yellow card. However what happened is history so can we now stop this trial by fans.

May 16, 2016
Rudden didnt 'score' with his hand. Grant did after the Ref should have blown for the Handball. Embarrassing on several levels .

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":3utob07t said:
Knibbsworth":3utob07t said:
gaspargomez":3utob07t said:

I think it would be a bit of an exageration to say it not a deliberate handball. If that were the case he would have scored with a header, surely?

Is it not possible to have tried to head it, missed it by a fraction and had the ball hit his hand by mistake?

Jul 12, 2016
Guiri Green":2ri7yzlp said:
Rudden didnt 'score' with his hand. Grant did after the Ref should have blown for the Handball. Embarrassing on several levels .
Pedantics. Still unsporting behaviour for which the punishment would have been a yellow card. Ref should have blown but didn't. Move on.