How much did Foster cost us ? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How much did Foster cost us ?

Aug 8, 2006
Portland, Oregon, USA
Besides the obvious that he destroyed the culture.

Financially with the fee to bring him over, agent fee and then cost to get rid of him?

All money we could have used to sign a new player

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Think he had a 3 year contract, so I'd guess the whole thing cost around £1m.
They probably negotiated a pay off fee, but I know that it effects next seasons budget

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Think he had a 3 year contract, so I'd guess the whole thing cost around £1m.
Very difficult to quantify. I would assume the payoff from Schumacher would cover the cost at least twice over with regards to IFs contract. Also we would have to been mad to offer a 3 year fixed contract with no get out clause with an unknown manager too.

Aug 6, 2023
With Season Ticket and Evergreen renewals coming up whatever it cost us will be replaced by yesterday's performance and result.

Sep 3, 2011
I'm thinking the compensation from Stoke is being largely eaten up by paying compensation to Foster. Interestingly enough sacked managers are advised against seeking new employment until they have reached a settlement with their former employer.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
I'm thinking the compensation from Stoke is being largely eaten up by paying compensation to Foster. Interestingly enough sacked managers are advised against seeking new employment until they have reached a settlement with their former employer.

Equally, they do not have their contract paid off in full, contrary to popular belief.

‘Poor performance’ clauses (how you determine that, I don’t know), allow for a club to terminate early and not be liable for half as much as some would believe.

Reactions: Beyton Green
Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Equally, they do not have their contract paid off in full, contrary to popular belief.

‘Poor performance’ clauses (how you determine that, I don’t know), allow for a club to terminate early and not be liable for half as much as some would believe.
I suspect the contract contained a minimum number of games and hence not sacking until after international break

Reactions: leeroy221
May 28, 2015
Not as much as he would have if we got relegated. Luckily we got away with realistically minimal damage. To be honest on a first time manager the club will have done a really poor bit of business if there wasn’t a reduced release fee if he was to be sacked in x amount of time