Memorable Headed Goals | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Memorable Headed Goals

Apr 24, 2023
Given a season where we've scored precious few headers, what were your out of seat headed goal moments of the past, 3 spring to mind for me, Obviously Mauge Wembley is one, then that last minute Playoff semi header from Hartley against Pompey, but none will ever better Saturdays Joe Edwards winner for sheer elation it just seemed to mean so much.

Reactions: 999mattyg
Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Given a season where we've scored precious few headers, what were your out of seat headed goal moments of the past, 3 spring to mind for me, Obviously Mauge Wembley is one, then that last minute Playoff semi header from Hartley against Pompey, but none will ever better Saturdays Joe Edwards winner for sheer elation it just seemed to mean so much.
It was literally worth millions I would suggest. Could someone hazard a guess on the amount involved ?

Reactions: Dunc67

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
I'm sure a Wrexham player scored a headed own goal from outside the box at Home Park in 94/95. It was Mick Quinn's debut on loan and the memory I have of this goal is so vivid that I hope it's not my imagination playing tricks.

Foggiest game I can remember attending, to boot.

Reactions: Marcus The Green

Cousin Pavlos

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2021
Steve Cooper scored some beauties but I recall an incredible one from the edge of the box. Home game, evening kick off from memory but I can’t recall the opponent (Bournemouth, perhaps?). An ex high jumper and one of my favourites when I was growing up. Sadly gone but not forgotten.

Aug 4, 2011
Paul Williams v Colchester. Very reminiscent on the Edwards goal Saturday. In a season where I’d been saying we needed to get more headed goals, how ironic it was a header (just our second of the season) that kept us up.
I think we need to have more of an aerial threat, even if it’s off the bench as a plan B next season

Oct 1, 2013
David Friio scored 2 headed goals in the dying minutes of our home match vs Gillingham in Oct 2004.

Will always be a favourite for me, not only because he's my favourite ever Argyle player - but my dad (Gillingham fan) and I were in opposite ends of the ground that day! 🤣

Sep 12, 2023
Steve Cooper scored some beauties but I recall an incredible one from the edge of the box. Home game, evening kick off from memory but I can’t recall the opponent (Bournemouth, perhaps?). An ex high jumper and one of my favourites when I was growing up. Sadly gone but not forgotten.
Omg how good was Stevie Cooper in the air (rip)

Reactions: Cousin Pavlos