Memorable Headed Goals | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Memorable Headed Goals

I'm sure a Wrexham player scored a headed own goal from outside the box at Home Park in 94/95. It was Mick Quinn's debut on loan and the memory I have of this goal is so vivid that I hope it's not my imagination playing tricks.

Foggiest game I can remember attending, to boot.
Yep, I remember it well, November 1994 - the weekend of my 21st birthday.
It was one of the most insane own goals I've ever seen. Had to be nearly 25 yards out & somehow he's headed it past his own keeper.
They were all terrified of Mick Quinn & their back 4 had a howler, including another own goal later in the game.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
Yep, I remember it well, November 1994 - the weekend of my 21st birthday.
It was one of the most insane own goals I've ever seen. Had to be nearly 25 yards out & somehow he's headed it past his own keeper.
They were all terrified of Mick Quinn & their back 4 had a howler, including another own goal later in the game.
I'm so glad I didn't imagine it! I remember the second own goal was more run of the mill and Mick Quinn had a goal disallowed for offside.

I only had doubts because for more than 20 years I had unintentionally been mixing up my GCSE results in English Language and Englist Lit just to perpetuate a funny* story at my own expense.

*I accept maybe you had to be there

Oct 31, 2015
Mickey Evans final game for us against Ipswich, scored a diving header followed by a pile-on team celebration!
Still have a recording of Sparksy commentary for this goal. Brings a massive smile. Limbs everywhere in the Demport when it went it and the pile on onto Trigger was the whole team.

As others have said

Ronnie at Wembley
Trigger against Ipswich
Peter Hartley against Pompey
Calum Wright last season
Captain fantastic on Saturday (Calum Wright involved again).

Ooh edited!!!!
I forgot about Ian Stonbridge at Sid James Park. A cross from Buster. Limbs everywhere 🤣

Dec 29, 2011
he most powerful, unstoppable header ever scored at HP was surely Paul Ince’s own goal playing for Wolves. It was a thing of beauty, and the look on his face afterwards was worth the entrance fee alone.
Really enjoyed that one .Hated the governor with a passion.Always tried to play up to his reputation

Reactions: Floyd Pepper
Dec 9, 2012
Mickey Evans final game for us against Ipswich, scored a diving header followed by a pile-on team celebration!
A great end of season game, as both teams were under no pressure. Mickey came off a few minutes before the end to a rapturous reception. I think it was also Jim Magilton's final game for Ipswich - likewise he got a great reception.

Reactions: Doctor Wu

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
I think that Joe Edwards’s header has to be up there. Recency bias accepted. Not only was it a cracking header, the value of it, to the club, runs into £millions.

Reactions: David Doidge

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Hartley's was for me the most memorable ... put simply there was no way back for Pompey with only nanoseconds left.

Saturday's effort now of course will be forever a brilliant memory, however, we still had the jeopardy of Hull equalising (or worse, winning) in the next 50 minutes.

All the others have been mentioned.

subbuteo

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
Steve Castle scored a few. I vaguely recall a cracking header away at Leyton Orient.