Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think he's given us a massive lift. Around the time we signed him, all everyone seemed to be saying was "we need a striker", maybe we do, but I thought it was obvious that our biggest problem was a slow & pedestrian midfield. Diagouraga receives the ball & does something meaningful with it, whether that be hold it up, play an incisive pass or run with it, before we signed him we we just didn't have a clue how to move up the pitch. Great acquisition.

May 3, 2017
Yep, he’s been a great addition and I was very surprised that no lower championship/top end league 1 clubs weren’t in for him. His physical presence and experience has definitely given the whole team a lift and enabled Carey to play with more freedom, get forward more and not worry about his defensive duties so much. He’ll only get better with more game time. A superb signing.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Great player. Surprised when I saw that we had signed him as I remember him at Brentford and was a great asset for them! Long may it continue as since he’s come in results have picked up!

A

Alan Fortune

As a Brentford season ticket holder for 5 years, Toumani's good start at Argyle is no surprise to me. He was the Bees fans's Player of the Season in 2014-15 when they came 5th in the Championship and the team included such excellent players as Andre Gray (now at Watford), James Tarkowski (at Burnley and being tipped for an England call-up and Alan Judge, whose careersadly now seems to be in tatters beciase of a reckless tackle by an Ipwich thug 18 months ago).

Like so many recently, Toumani left the Bees because they cannot match the wages many other teams can offer, and I thought he would prosper at Leeds. However, they changed manager (about 5 times?!) and Gary Monk did not want him. I was amazed other Championship clubs did not want him. Unless he has regressed badly since 2015, Argyle have got themselves a very good player.

At Griffin Park he was popular - a really good team man - with supporters and players alike. Could be just what Argyle need.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
As with all things good the worry is what length of deal he is on etc to make sure he stays with us beyond January

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
A great acquisition indeed. I can imagine though that his lack of speed & mobility would be an issue at Championship level but in L1 his physical presence, composure, ability to read the game and do the simple things very well (that aren’t that simple for most) more than compensate. Add to that a great character and if he can stay fit he must be one of the first names on the team sheet for the rest of the season. Top man.

Jun 2, 2016
For me he's the #1 reason for the improvement in performance.
In the right place at the right time. Marshalling the midfield. Shielding the ball and playing the simple pass.
In short...experience counts for alot

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
GreatYarmouthGreen":1un2k69h said:
Great player. Surprised when I saw that we had signed him as I remember him at Brentford and was a great asset for them! Long may it continue as since he’s come in results have picked up!
If he's a "GREAT" player,why didn't a club from a higher league get him or is the bottom of league one his level?

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
pedro91":37e19shf said:
GreatYarmouthGreen":37e19shf said:
If he's a "GREAT" player,why didn't a club from a higher league get him or is the bottom of league one his level?

Great post----

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
pedro91":3tyt6hda said:
GreatYarmouthGreen":3tyt6hda said:

Context is everything. He clearly doesn't mean 'great' in the same way Pele or Maradona is a great player, but great in our current situation.

'Great' Yarmouth is a good example, technically it should be 'Not-that-good Yarmouth' :coat:

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Biggs":3m0x101o said:
pedro91":3m0x101o said:
GreatYarmouthGreen":3m0x101o said:

Context is everything. He clearly doesn't mean 'great' in the same way Pele or Maradona is a great player, but great in our current situation.

'Great' Yarmouth is a good example, technically it should be 'Not-that-good Yarmouth' :coat:

--or Great Britain.

Jun 2, 2016
Old Gunner":g5e5lwlv said:
Biggs":g5e5lwlv said:
pedro91":g5e5lwlv said:
GreatYarmouthGreen":g5e5lwlv said:

--or Great Britain.

The 'Great' in Great Britain referring to the largest of the British Isles...why would it not be appropriate?

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
the_corkscrew":2ffee9k5 said:
Old Gunner":2ffee9k5 said:
Biggs":2ffee9k5 said:
pedro91":2ffee9k5 said:
GreatYarmouthGreen":2ffee9k5 said:

--or Great Britain.

The 'Great' in Great Britain referring to the largest of the British Isles...why would it not be appropriate?

I know---I was wilfully and knowingly ignoring this in the interests of humour and to carry on in the same vein the replies to the rather pedantic response from Pedro to your post on Diagouraga (I also think he is a great player for us at this level). I will issue explanations with my posts in future :)

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Old Gunner":3rvddkr1 said:
pedro91":3rvddkr1 said:
GreatYarmouthGreen":3rvddkr1 said:

Great post----

This is irony.