Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
I didn’t realise there would be such a “great” response to my post. And yes unfortunately Great Yarmouth should be called many words instead of “great”.

In response to Pedro91, there could be a number of factors such as a poor time at Leeds where things haven’t worked out/many managers etc. As someone else mentioned he was highly regarded at Brentford and whenever I saw him play I was impressed. Hence why I think he is a “great” acquisition and one that since his arrival has seen an upturn in results, which I welcome wholeheartedly.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Old Gunner":3aw9ze6f said:
I know---I was wilfully and knowingly ignoring this in the interests of humour and to carry on in the same vein the replies to the rather pedantic response from Pedro to your post on Diagouraga (I also think he is a great player for us at this level). I will issue explanations with my posts in future :)

Well I appreciated it, OG :D

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Old Gunner":1m4atrqd said:
Old Gunner":1m4atrqd said:
pedro91":1m4atrqd said:
GreatYarmouthGreen":1m4atrqd said:
Great player. Surprised when I saw that we had signed him as I remember him at Brentford and was a great asset for them! Long may it continue as since he’s come in results have picked up!
If he's a "GREAT" player,why didn't a club from a higher league get him or is the bottom of league one his level?

Great post----

This is irony.

For some to get that it would have been necessary to hit them with the irony (or even the boardy).

Feb 5, 2015
pedro91":2ladpl56 said:
GreatYarmouthGreen":2ladpl56 said:
Great player. Surprised when I saw that we had signed him as I remember him at Brentford and was a great asset for them! Long may it continue as since he’s come in results have picked up!
If he's a "GREAT" player,why didn't a club from a higher league get him or is the bottom of league one his level?

I expect that he was on a very, very good salary at Leeds. They are hardly known for penny-pinching, are they? In fact, this article (https://www.dailystar.co.uk/pics/pictures/4545/Every-Leeds-ace-s-weekly-wages-revealed) would certainly suggest it was good.

If any of us fans were to receive a pay rise, I'm sure we would all believe that the new salary is our value in the market.

I think that was his undoing - wanting more than clubs were willing to pay. A couple of months with no salary probably started to hit home, so negotiated a good deal with us which basically guaranteed him first team football due to our dire position, and I'm sure a salary that makes him one of our higher paid players.

I've seen him twice since he's joined, and it's absolutely no surprise our form has upturned. He does the simple things well, and his presence has meant Carey doesn't need to drop deep to find the ball - he can stay further forward and do what he does best - create.

A gem of a signing, and well done to Derek and the board for getting him in.

Feb 2, 2007
Couldn’t find another thread about Toums

IMO he’s the main reason for our improvement since end of Cotober, does the work in midfield to crucially support Carey and is a great presence

4 wins (Wimbledon, Bradford, Northampton and Gillingham)
3 draws (Rochdale, Shrewsbury, Blackburn)
2 defeats (Oxford and Pompey)

Since Toums came in.

Much more confident with him in the team.

Oct 14, 2015
Has lost considerable weight and now much fitter although will never be Usain Bolts training parter as pace not his strong point... Very useful addition to the team

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
nick_PASTIE":2mz5arb3 said:

IMO he’s the main reason for our improvement since end of Cotober, does the work in midfield to crucially support Carey and is a great presence

Since Toums came in.

All the more reason he must not get injured in any way!

Jul 3, 2013
Quintrell_Green":vh0sndot said:
nick_PASTIE":vh0sndot said:

Since Toums came in.

All the more reason he must not get injured in any way!

He is very influential and always seems to have time on the ball l, would also add the improved discipline and inclusion of Sinclair at left back as also contributing to our imorovement. The latter is under rated and once our right back problem is properly solved I hooe he keeps his place.

Feb 2, 2007
‘‘Twas very unfortunate that a good chunk of the green army saw ATS for the first time in the debacle at brizzle city. He was awful but so were many others in a team of strangers. A travesty! That added to the Doncaster fans poor opinion and many sadly wrote him off, so glad he’s been decent since a run in a settled first team.

Summer signings and since, for what it’s worth

Hits

Toums
ATS
Matthews
Letheren

Not sure

Edwards
Grant
Ainsworth (don’t think he’s had much of a chance)
Mannion
Roos

Misses

Ness
Wylde

G

Greenskin

nick_PASTIE":1w6y5kch said:
‘‘Twas very unfortunate that a good chunk of the green army saw ATS for the first time in the debacle at brizzle city. He was awful but so were many others in a team of strangers. A travesty! That added to the Doncaster fans poor opinion and many sadly wrote him off, so glad he’s been decent since a run in a settled first team.

Summer signings and since, for what it’s worth

Hits

Toums
ATS
Matthews
Letheren

Not sure

Edwards
Grant
Ainsworth (don’t think he’s had much of a chance)
Mannion
Roos

Misses

Ness
Wylde

Not sure why Grant is a not sure. Scored some vital goals and put in some good performances, pretty good return for a 30 year old who was by no means a regular in a team in a lower division. Edwards hasn't done too badly either, in fact over the season so far there would be an argument that his form has been as good as, if not better than, Bradleys. Agree that Ness and Wylde have been duff, Lameiras and Ainsworth fit that category IMHO also-hopefully some movement out can take place in January to accommodate movement in.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I agree with Mr Skin, Taylor and Grant are decent players, whilst Ainsworth hasn't set the world alight at all. I would give Ness more time, as everyone in football I've spoken to says he's a real player, but his injury record isn't good that's for sure.

Oct 31, 2015
I would say

Hits

Toums
ATS
Matthews
Letheren
Grant

Not sure

Edwards
Roos

Misses