Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

Jun 2, 2016
We obviously want to sign him until season end. It's a bit worrying this is being discussed in public before the deal is done.
Sounds like an agent flagging the situation up before the January window. Hoping for another club to come in or force and 18 month contract rather than 6 month.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
jimsing":dw5xbqve said:
Tugboat":dw5xbqve said:
jimsing":dw5xbqve said:
And if he got injured then??

We carry on with his recovery. Why would it be any different?

If the injury was similar to any of our keepers, would you not be worried about wasting precious budget money!!!!

There is a fine line between getting a contract too early, with the possibility of wasting money if he then has a serious injury, and leaving it too late, when another Club could persuade him to go elsewhere.

So your saying extensions should be done on the last day of contract because they may get injured before hand?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He's been more crucial than people think, he just adds a completely different dimension to our midfield. Easily up there with Bradley & Carey as a first name on the team sheet and a very good acquisition by Adams.

Feb 8, 2005
Tugboat":l48y64dh said:
jimsing":l48y64dh said:
Tugboat":l48y64dh said:
jimsing":l48y64dh said:
And if he got injured then??

We carry on with his recovery. Why would it be any different?

If the injury was similar to any of our keepers, would you not be worried about wasting precious budget money!!!!

There is a fine line between getting a contract too early, with the possibility of wasting money if he then has a serious injury, and leaving it too late, when another Club could persuade him to go elsewhere.

So your saying extensions should be done on the last day of contract because they may get injured before hand?

That's YOUR interpretation is it, Tugs? It's not Jan 31st, is it?

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Strong criticism of Adams lack of cruciality there, Mr B. Ouch.

If a completely different dimension is being the only average-level (not bottom 11) central midfielder we have, I maybe get what you're saying. That is, Fox with his passing but relatively lack of mobility would maybe suit sitting deep in a more expansive team. And Songo is just not a midfielder, even L2, he's merely a sweeper in front of the back four, innim. Ness and Sarch not really on it are they, probably as much motivation around the non-expansive tactics as much anything else, must be dire presumably practicing defensive positioning for hours on end most days.

Oct 31, 2015
I see Toums crucial if the the green tints belief is to come to fruition and we are to stay up.

In this backs to the wall way we are going to play then I think Songo is important as well but we need fast widemen to break quickly.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We have one but he’s gone.. all Wylde

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
What foundation is there for the knowledge of his contract details? Is it a statement that has been accepted as a pasoti fact?
Also how good is his agent? Not very good when he left his player high and dry without a club after Leeds but really good when it comes to touting his player around when he is an Argyle player would seem to be the case

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The media reports today say Portsmouth, Shrewsbury and Bolton are interested in signing Diagouraga when his Argyle contract expires in January.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Head and shoulders above the rest of the squad and I wouldn’t be surprised by any interest in him. He may be hard to keep, but he seems to be enjoying a good rapport with the Argyle fans. Will be hard to replace.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":hc1ycltv said:
The media reports today say Portsmouth, Shrewsbury and Bolton are interested in signing Diagouraga when his Argyle contract expires in January.

Balls. Though if it's just this article http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/18/tr ... iagouraga/ then I'm not sure HITC have the best track record, do they?

Could be wrong on that.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I should imagine it's his agent trying to get him a better deal.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
monkeywrench":hvpuvbdo said:
I should imagine it's his agent trying to get him a better deal.

Quite possible, but also possible he does have interest.
Wouldn't surprise me if he was holding out for a better offer in the summer, couldn't get one so used us for match fitness. We pay a little less, but he gets game time. If he plays well (Which he has) In January he can either up his money elsewhere, or stay here.

I hope he stays.

Oct 31, 2015
Toums is a more important signing im January than Carey was in the summer. I fully understand his point of view of stability and wages. Upto PAFC to negotiate as he has proven himself