Bristol city ground | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bristol city ground

Sep 25, 2010
Really impressed with the ground last night.

Not one of your typical out ot town, new concrete build bowl.
Their sports bar was really impressive, hope we can something similar at the refurbished Home Park.

Feb 2, 2007
Decent access too, considering I left Weston SM at 7 I was amazed I was in the ground with free parking for kick off... so I could see the full, gutless debacle unfold!

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
nick_PASTIE":zrzo545e said:
Decent access too, considering I left Weston SM at 7 I was amazed I was in the ground with free parking for kick off... so I could see the full, gutless debacle unfold!
Woah, woah, woah.. where was the free parking?

Jan 6, 2004
The stand to the left of the away end is refurbished rather than new, and impressive inside. Hopefully, something of a model for the new Grandstand.

Jan 6, 2004
I think Bristol City has a naturally similar level of support to us. They are averaging around 20k in the Championship, and I reckon we could do the same (crowds generally higher than they were when we were last there). This may inform need to get on with Phase 2 of Grandstand development were we to get promoted

Jan 6, 2004
I think they had earmarked a lot of cash to build brand new stadium but never got planning permission so they had a big budget for the referb/expansion.

May 3, 2016
Very impressed, the infrastructure is there ready for the premiership - good luck to them - our time will come!

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Very impressed by the ground. Not an identikit new ground. Seems very high quality as a build and they have done early well with the pre match food stalls and entertainment around it. Getting over the bloody road to the car before or after was a pain though.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
Also important to note that it is a stadium for the City of Bristol and is not Bristol City's stadium. It is heavily supported by the City Council and is also shared with Bristol Rugby.

It doesn't stop it being a great venue though, but we're not quite comparing like with like.

C

CornishGreenWhite

We are light years behind them on and especially off the pitch, imagine us having the ambition or having an owner like theres

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
CornishGreenWhite":418n7iw7 said:
We are light years behind them on and especially off the pitch, imagine us having the ambition or having an owner like theres

I would say the ambition is equal, the financial power of the owner is the only difference.

C

CornishGreenWhite

Adam_R":34f5i6r1 said:
CornishGreenWhite":34f5i6r1 said:

I would say the ambition is equal, the financial power of the owner is the only difference.

No one realistically thinks Argyle will ever be in the Premiership, Bristol City fans expect to be there in the next 5 or so years. I don't think we share the same ambitions