Bristol city ground | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bristol city ground

Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Ashton Gate wasn't that impressive before billionaire Steve Lansdown got involved with City and threw money at them.

Fair play to them, the blokes a life long fan, but without his money City wouldn't be that far away from us.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
CornishGreenWhite":zb0n0b5b said:
Adam_R":zb0n0b5b said:
CornishGreenWhite":zb0n0b5b said:
We are light years behind them on and especially off the pitch, imagine us having the ambition or having an owner like theres

I would say the ambition is equal, the financial power of the owner is the only difference.

No one realistically thinks Argyle will ever be in the Premiership, Bristol City fans expect to be there in the next 5 or so years. I don't think we share the same ambitions

Most of our fans still harbour aspirations of us being in the PL. Look at the stadium capacity debate and people are planning for Man Utd at home people thought we'd be in the Championship within 2 and pushing for the PL.

None of the Bristol City fans I know are looking up at the PL as a realistic target at the moment, they are happy to still be in the Championship after the last 2 seasons since their promotion.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Andy in Peverell":251f1ksj said:
Ashton Gate wasn't that impressive before billionaire Steve Lansdown got involved with City and threw money at them.

Fair play to them, the blokes a life long fan, but without his money City wouldn't be that far away from us.

I wonder why the big investors haven't come in for Argyle? Not an attractive acquisition? We always used to be on a par with Bristol City, Cardiff, Hull, Swansea etc

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Green83":3c9uvyw7 said:
Also important to note that it is a stadium for the City of Bristol and is not Bristol City's stadium. It is heavily supported by the City Council and is also shared with Bristol Rugby.

It doesn't stop it being a great venue though, but we're not quite comparing like with like.

Actually, the ground is owned by Bristol Sport which was the dream of Steve Lansdown. He also financed it, not the Council. they did not object to the planning application although objected to his previous one at Ashton Vale, across the road. Id be interested how it is heavily supported by the City Council?

Wiki are a useful and informative source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashton_Gate_Stadium

So is bristol-sport.co.uk.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
The Duke":3tbobm3g said:
Andy in Peverell":3tbobm3g said:

I wonder why the big investors haven't come in for Argyle? Not an attractive acquisition? We always used to be on a par with Bristol City, Cardiff, Hull, Swansea etc

People say it's location. I don't know if I believe that. Location could be turned into a positive with the right owners.

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
PlymOdi":2ir6u8c0 said:
The Duke":2ir6u8c0 said:
Andy in Peverell":2ir6u8c0 said:

People say it's location. I don't know if I believe that. Location could be turned into a positive with the right owners.

We're not much more remote than Swansea or Hull. Just need tgat elusive investing owner.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
GM Vauxhall":ndjcdear said:
PlymOdi":ndjcdear said:
The Duke":ndjcdear said:
Andy in Peverell":ndjcdear said:

Not many better locations for a rich New Englander with 2020 on the horizon! :scarf:

We're not much more remote than Swansea or Hull. Just need tgat elusive investing owner.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Pogleswoody":1l1lhezv said:
GM Vauxhall":1l1lhezv said:
PlymOdi":1l1lhezv said:
The Duke":1l1lhezv said:
Andy in Peverell":1l1lhezv said:

Not many better locations for a rich New Englander with 2020 on the horizon! :scarf:

Never know what's around the corner I suppose. It could happen. With serious investment, just imagine.

Apr 28, 2013
I hope our grandstand looks like that, but i doubt it will. That's what our aim should be if we're going to get anywhere in the future. All the pre match stuff was really good too, even live music!

B

BigTone59

Hi Guys, BigTone a diehard BCFC fan here. Glad you liked the stadium but apologies for the result. We are indeed very lucky to have Steve Lansdown as our benefactor although many City fans will oppose this train of thought. Quite why I am unsure other than they are a tad thick !! One thing I would like to clarify is that Bristol Council do not support us in any shape or form. In fact the opposite is the case. Never have and never will regrettably. They put the Arse into Wipe !

Anyway, hope you have a good season and some success in the future. Like us it is long awaited.

Good luck

Tone

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
GM Vauxhall":m27nbzd5 said:
PlymOdi":m27nbzd5 said:
The Duke":m27nbzd5 said:
Andy in Peverell":m27nbzd5 said:

Never understood why there has never been an investor looking to bankroll us

When you look at the potential and the the success it could bring, dont see why we have been overlooked for so long

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
hoovermelon":1etsl6mw said:
GM Vauxhall":1etsl6mw said:
PlymOdi":1etsl6mw said:
The Duke":1etsl6mw said:
Andy in Peverell":1etsl6mw said:

When you look at the potential and the the success it could bring, dont see why we have been overlooked for so long

Didn't JB say it gets around 10 offers per year? Maybe he hasn't had the right one yet.

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
The Duke":10bo09zg said:
hoovermelon":10bo09zg said:
GM Vauxhall":10bo09zg said:
PlymOdi":10bo09zg said:
The Duke":10bo09zg said:
Andy in Peverell":10bo09zg said:

Didn't JB say it gets around 10 offers per year? Maybe he hasn't had the right one yet.

Depends on his definition of Right I suppose.