Your scouting network. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your scouting network.

P

poshie

Now it's Poshie here and I don't want to cause offence as I have a genuine affection for your club. Do you actually have any scouts? Our forward line consists of Jack Marriott who cost £450k from Luton reserves. It also consists of Junior Morais who cost £50k from St Albans City. And Ricky Miller who cost £250k from Dover. And Marcus Maddison (who let's face it is going to bugger off in January for £2.5m) from Gateshead for £250K. The non-league players are out there. You need to look for them. You lot are not a bottom two team. Sort yourselves out please as Posh v Plymouth in the Championship would be a decent weekend out. Get a striker. We've already bought our next multi-million pound transfer at the age of 17 from Aldershot. If a poxy little club like us can do it I'm sure you lot can as you lot are way bigger than us.

Feb 18, 2016
Hahaha...sadly our budget is light years behind anything you mention above, opinions vary as to why. Welcome btw.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Can't see us signing anyone for a six figure sum for quite some time yet. It got to be a free transfer or somebody on loan. I know we paid a small fee for Blisset and Edwards but nowhere near the figures you mentioned. Don't know if there is a free agent out there so we well probably have to gamble on a loan player in January.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
crownhillpilgrim":6msqp077 said:
450k - that would almost double our biggest ever signing.

Alas we paid £500k for Steve Maclean

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Goes to show that spending the big bucks doesn't guarantee success. Yohan Folly FFS. £250k!

Oct 24, 2010
I'm probably the only person on Pasoti who thought McClean was a decent player, just didn't fit Luggy's way of playing, which of course begs the question why Sturrock paid £500 thousand for him and paid him a King's ranson.

Mar 8, 2016
Six figure transfer fees will never happen under our current ownership. Spending loads on transfer fees at this level doesn't necessarily guarantee success anyway.

Sep 28, 2003
London
A good point raised about our scouting network though.

Why don't we ever get these promising young players in from lower leagues like other clubs do? Instead we're signing players like Blissett, who although he tried hard is simply not good enough for league football, let alone to lead the line for a League 1 club.

We picked up Noone and Barnes from non league years ago, where are these kinds of signings now?

We did this in luggys second stint.
Andy king was the scout at the time. Sadly passed away now if memory serves me correctly.
Nooney and george somebody from southport? Bolasie from malta and jamie mackie from another more
crappy non league outfit. 3 of them went on to be sold for big money.
Worth a try.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
I'd of liked us to take a punt on Dave Tarpey from Maidenhead. Scored a load of goals last season and was the top scorer in the conference with 7 goals before leaving to join Barnet on deadline day.

Oct 24, 2013
Fat_green_belly":3asjg0nu said:
Nooney and george somebody from southport?
3 of them went on to be sold for big money.
Worth a try.

George Donnelly. Knocked around the FL for a bit, now playing for AFC Liverpool ...no, me neither.

Players all sold for big money. Not by Argyle. But by the teams who picked at us when the administrators came calling.