Andres Gurrieri back on trial | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Andres Gurrieri back on trial

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
Maybe a difference of opinion from Pesch' to the new manager?

From what I remember, he was a dead-cert to sign for us last year. Foiled by a mixture of admin and concerns about his contract back in Uruguay (I think).

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Was impressive on trial, but i think he was average for Burton. Bit inconsistent. Still think he's a good player though.

Feb 21, 2008
I thought he was excellent when he was here on trial, funny season at button and surprised he didn't get a contract extension, oh well there loss could be our gain.

Aug 7, 2010
Played well when he was on trial had bags of confidence, wonder what Burton fans think of him? When I saw him at HP last season I thought he looked poo

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Looked decent when he was here last time. Is he better than we already have?

I'm not sure. Fletch.. Over to you

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Tugboat":30r8scww said:

It means we can definitely play Bhasera at LB, stick Williams on the bench (or in the reserves preferably) and then Gurrieri can play LM.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Nobby":2i454b5g said:
Tugboat":2i454b5g said:

It means we can definitely play Bhasera at LB, stick Williams on the bench (or in the reserves preferably) and then Gurrieri can play LM.

I also think Baz is better suited as a LB.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Tugboat":qpy69e9p said:
Nobby":qpy69e9p said:
Tugboat":qpy69e9p said:

I also think Baz is better suited as a LB.

Exactly. Two birds one stone essentially. Get's Williams - our weak link at the end of last season - out of the side, and gets Bhasera in his naturally strongest position.

Dec 19, 2008
He had a decent game against QPR and looked really keen to impress. He seemed pacey and I don't think the QPR team really enjoyed just how much he was putting himself about. He reminded me of a left wing version of Jamie Mackie as he just didn't give up. If we do get him, I think the fans will love him as he played like a lunatic. I miss having some mental player to laugh at (since Bolasie left).

From memory, he was quite small but he was very physical and he was quick and had quick feet although he spent most of the game trying to take on the World. Worth a punt as we've got nothing much going forward from midfield at all.

Sign him up.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Fletcher's targets appear to be players he's met somewhere or played with before.
This could be seen as a good thing in that he knows the character and personality of the player or it's because he's a novice manager and doesn't have many contacts within football.

Dec 19, 2008
PL2 3DQ":wkavvbw2 said:
Fletcher's targets appear to be players he's met somewhere or played with before.
This could be seen as a good thing in that he knows the character and personality of the player or it's because he's a novice manager and doesn't have many contacts within football.

It could be a bad thing too as he's also played alongside Kari Arneson. I personally think they're just looking for players who are available for free who aren't going to demand big wages. I don't think we've actually got proper targets (those that would win us promotion) as those would command a fee. We're either going to have to be very, very lucky to get the right mix (like Sturrock did so well) or we'll be here in Division 4 for a while.

Apr 4, 2004
This is positive news in my view. Gurrieri looked a really good player to me. Differant to typical English style in that he wanted to link up and play a lot of passing football. Really happy if we get him.