Andres Gurrieri back on trial | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Andres Gurrieri back on trial

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
newquaygreen":13048ucr said:
Aerok":13048ucr said:
ANDRES Gurrieri is back at Home Park.
The Argentinean midfielder is enjoying another trial with the Pilgrims following his release from Burton Albion at the end of last season.
http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/andr ... 74778.aspx

"Thanks for the penalty" :thumbup:

Why did they release him?

like Woking, they are all cutting back on the cost of letters on the back of player's shirts :whistle:

Nov 22, 2006
Tugboat":2zy0qxm4 said:
Rob_GT4":2zy0qxm4 said:
Nobby":2zy0qxm4 said:
Tugboat":2zy0qxm4 said:
Not meaning to hijack the thread but was there any reasons behind not signing the RB/CM guy we had on trial last week? Seemed decent enough.

Clearly not in Fletcher's eyes.

Not in the players eyes you mean.

I get the impression that we were keen and the feeling wasn't mutual.
Slightly more believable

have to say yes this is slightly more beleivable probably told Argyle are a side looking for a promotion only to be dinked 5-0 in a game probably kills the belief in players who Fletch is hoping to sign

as Gurrieri glad to see him back was very impressed where I saw him last time, with the Burton thing never really got a run in their team and like Bojan Djordjic a couple of years back talented footballer who never really got a chance but when he had a proper run in the team looked one of our best players (3 goals in 5 games in the championshp at one point i seem to remember) Gurrieri with a decent run of first team football could be very good at this level I beleive and I'd be glad see him finally given his chance here :scarf:

Mar 23, 2008
We need creativity and he's the type of player we need. Strikes me as a typically inconsistent winger but in the QPR game certainly showed he has something.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
charlee":2c4u39hg said:
Were Argyle we never keep players who show promise!

You know he showed promise do you .................... im sure fletcher has seen far more of him then you or anyone else has in a meaningless friendly to judge an opinion :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Nov 12, 2003
Tugboat":2f4u30l4 said:
I also think Baz is better suited as a LB.

I prefer Bashera when he is "Left Back" in the changing room.
Highly over-rated.
And probably on bigger wages than the others.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
So Lowry out and 'G' in ??

Can someone explain why:
1. Given any remote chance some posters seem intent on slagging off Williams. If I started a thread about my car and the snag it had some posters would wangle that around to have a go at Williams. Freaking Grow up
2. Some posters have a vision of promotion this season. Clubs do not go from a breath from extinction to flying upwards in 12 months - so be prepared for a few years of building. I'm thinking of top 10 would be good.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I saw that QPR friendly and he certainly impressed going forward with his trickery helped by a low centre of gravity. I was disappointed all the hoo-hah about his past club registration at that time prevented him signing up at Home Park.

I saw the home patch of PAFC versus Burton and that club seem to play him as a left back, if I recall correctly. I felt that position negated his strengths, because they really wanted somebody to consistently find the head of Zola. I cannot imagine that Burton was able to pay the little guy big bucks and therefore I reckon Argyle could meet his demands. Agent permitting of course!

Bearing in mind he spent a good time trialling at HP prior to the start of the last season, I cannot imagine CF will ponder long before making a firm decision this time around.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Someone to excite us if only for 5 or so games a season would be something.
A mixture would be good.
As we've a few who won't excite over 46, the Stevie Adams of this world, who don't excite and pull crowds frankly.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Gary_Wills":1kcklfsp said:
Someone to excite us if only for 5 or so games a season would be something.
A mixture would be good.
As we've a few who won't excite over 46, the Stevie Adams of this world, who don't excite and pull crowds frankly.

Michelangelo painted the Cistine Chapel ceiling (i think? :think: ) but someone had to make and mix the paint, hold the ladder, make the flippin' ladder!, clean his brushes and cook his tea for him (thanks Mrs Angelo, see you tomorrow Michel!)
Same comment applies to Steve Adams as applies to some of the comments about Williams. Akos would have been cr*p in the Adams role. Adams was a great player for us, put in a shift every game. Akos was great but a different great. Wouldn't pay to watch 11 Adams's versus 11 Akos's (might do actually!! :shock: ) but i betcha Adams's XI would at least get a 0-0 out of it! probably get a pen.!! Every 'artist' needs support, some of Grayson Perry's dresses are off the peg, Emin painted her tent but Millets probably had it made in China for her!!

we need a mix, a good mix and the right mix and a few alternatives!

i'll sit back and wait for management to deliver when and where it matters (next May?) till then ... stum!! geddon Fletch!! :scarf:

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
tigertony":2jh11x5z said:
So Lowry out and 'G' in ??

Can someone explain why:
1. Given any remote chance some posters seem intent on slagging off Williams. If I started a thread about my car and the snag it had some posters would wangle that around to have a go at Williams. Freaking Grow up
2. Some posters have a vision of promotion this season. Clubs do not go from a breath from extinction to flying upwards in 12 months - so be prepared for a few years of building. I'm thinking of top 10 would be good.

1. Are you speaking English? I can't understand your point but are you disappointed people are not liking Robbie Wiliams? If it is, then I'm telling you they have a right to. This is a forum - it's designed for discussion and opinions.

2. I'm pretty sure it's not physically impossible. The rules don't state a team are ineligible for promotion. I understand in the 2008-09 Championship season, Blackpool finished 16th and Nottingham Forest finished 19th. The following season Blackpool finished 6th, and won the play-offs, whilst Notts Forest achieved 3rd. Last season, in League One, Leyton Orient were 1 point away from relegation to League Two, and would've been relegated if it wasn't for a points deduction awarded to a certain Plymouth Argyle. This season, they were one point off the play-offs. If you're still certain it's not achievable, then I'd happily dish out some more examples. In fact, in our very own division, Cheltenham had an abysmal 2010-11 season; nearly achieved promotion, didn't they?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Next may? Bit far away init?

Mar 21, 2008
tigertony":29qgaoso said:

Whilst I agree with your sentiments for the most part, I don't think we'll have a choice whether to hope for promotion or not because it'll soon (a few games I expect) become very clear that we're not.... however your point here isn't right, Southampton for example were a hairs breadth away from promotion in the same year they got deducted 10 points for admin and then got promoted the following 2 seasons in a row straight into the premiership if I remember righly.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
David_Fisher":msxkl440 said:
You beat me to it with Southampton.

And I'm not sure we can wait until next May to see if the current squad will shape up.

sigh! i said I'll wait for management to deliver when and where it matters. that is 'deliver' as in the English verb 'to deliver'. I did not say that i was prepared to wait until next May for the squad to 'shape up'. I am however prepared to wait until i've seen a couple of competitive games before i slag off my team, my club, my manager and (even) my manager's choice of triallists/signings.

yeah Tug, should hyave checked my calendar!! that is bliddy months away!! :shock: not feeling too good today after 61st birthday/opening ceremony last night. Next May?? not sure i'll make it!! :whistle:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
tigertony":2o2hhbvx said:
Can someone explain why:

Yes. I don't think he's good enough to pull on our shirt for another season. Considering this thread is about Gurrieri, a left sided player, Williams is very relevant. He's slow and unfit (and was for the majority of last season) and also a weak link in our otherwise sturdy back four. I'm not 'slagging him off', it's just my opinion and after all it's a discussion forum. If you disagree then fair enough, maybe you could respond and tell me why you think Williams is a good player. Just like I did when I saw people ripping into Walton and disagreed.